01 Radio power connector - BobL
I have a Peugeot 206 2001/Y. Car used to have aftermarket Goodmans stereo but I have purchased a second hand Clarion which was the standard fit for this model. Unfortunately after fitting the Clarion unit, the steering column stalk for controlling the unit does not work. Otherwise the stereo works apart from maybe the power connectors (12v switched and 12v permanent being the wrong way round and no illumination wire for the stereo)

Looking at the connectors that go onto the rear of the stereo: The top connector (steering column control) is complete with all wiring unbodged. Middle connector (speakers) is complete with all wiring unbodged. Lower connector (Power) has been hacked off and replaced with another connector of the same type but only three wires attached, the earth, permanent 12v and switched 12v. There are then 3 small guage wires coming out of the car wiring loom that have been cut and do not go anywhere, one has +5 volts on it. My question is does anyone have the wiring diagram for this car. The Haynes manual only shows a "typical" wiring layout and is more or less useless - how many times have I said that..... Failing that can anyone tell me the colour and order of the wires that should be on the bottom connector?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 16/12/2007 at 09:48