Was truck blocking outside lane of broken down? - Sofa Spud
If I may just add one more reply to the earlier thread about the 'idiot' truck driver blocking traffic in the outside lane on the A1(M) on the approach to an accident scene:

If the lorry was stationary, isn't it possible it was broken down? It might have been in the tailback earlier, stopped and then been unable to restart. Parking brake stuck on? Half-shaft snapped? Gear linkage broken? Clutch gone? These things happen. I've come across several cases of vehicles broken down in lanes 2 or 3 of motorways including a Cadillac!
Was truck blocking outside lane of broken down? - Snakey
I know this thread is now closed, but to answer this, no he wasn't broken down as he was moving along parallel to a truck in the inside lane. The local radio traffic broadcaster was quite funny in his comments about this...
Was truck blocking outside lane of broken down? - kingfisher
Was he asleep or having lunch ?...most seem to be doing all sorts except concentrating on their driving !
Was truck blocking outside lane of broken down? - milkyjoe
i've experienced similar " lorry driver shepherding" coming back from ikea in nottingham ,i was going down a duel carriageway with a 600 yard lane closure warning and the lorry was preventing bmw drivers and the like hurtling down the outside lane and cutting in at the last minute
Was truck blocking outside lane of broken down? - Dynamic Dave
LOCKED.

Question posed by Sofa Spud has been answered.

We could do without a repeat of yesterday, thankyou. DD.