V Reg HDi - Electrical problems - a900ss
Hi,

I wonder if you can help regarding a friend?s car.

She has a Pug 306 HDi (V reg). The rear wiper has always been temperamental, sometimes it does a full sweep, sometimes not but it?s never been a really huge problem. Over the weekend, she put on the rear wiper and the battery light came illuminated on the dash. She thought nothing of it and carried on. When she started the car the battery light had gone out again however now the back wiper has stopped working completely, her clock and exterior temp display no longer illuminate and her electric windows no longer work.

Sounds to me like it?s a fuse somewhere but any help appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/12/2007 at 10:11

Electrical problems - defender
I would reckon that the shaft between the motor and the blade has seized where it goes through the tail gate ,if I remember correctly its an alloy bush and a steel shaft which causes a reaction .free it of and oil it
the battery light coming maybe caused by the motor overloading then fuse/relay blowing .try new fuse and post back what happens
V Reg HDi - Electrical problems - David G.I.Davies
You'll have blown fuse 28 at top right of fascia fuse box (just below steering wheel).To stop it blowing temporarily disconnect the rear wiper motor (easily done after removing covering trim from tailgate).It is strange that the alternator warning light,rear wiper,electric windows and clock are all on the same fuse,but thats Peugeot electrics for you! By the way you'll likely have to renew the rear wiper motor.
David Davies
V Reg HDi - Electrical problems - elekie&a/c doctor
Clipped to the rear wiper motor is a plastic relay.(usually blue colour)If you open it up you will probably find it is full of water.This is most likely to be the cause of the fuse blowing.hth
V Reg HDi - Electrical problems - a900ss
You'll have blown fuse 28 By the
way you'll likely have to renew the rear wiper motor.
David Davies

Spot on, Many thanks