Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Say I was to buy a car as a present and fill in the relevant bits of the V5 presented by the present owner.
How to I get the new owners name on the documentation, i.e. the person for whom it is intended as a gift?
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - martint123
Just put their name and address on it.
I'm not sure, but maybe you might have to find their driving licence number nowadays??
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - bell boy
put their name and address on the form as martint123 says,you did have to put date of birth on the earlier v5c but i now find that the dvla now say this is not compulsary,i reckon it infringed humane wrights,driving licence not required either..........yet

if car parked off road be careful of no road tax and fill in a v890 sorn
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - FotheringtonThomas
I'm not sure but maybe you might have to find their driving licence number

I don't know why someone has to have a driving licence to own a car...
you dont ft its maybe money saved could buy some more blood for the we'ans ;-)
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - FotheringtonThomas
What?
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - Pugugly {P}
Brake Fluid.
blood=cheap booze especially cheap cider
we'ans =kids
keeps them quiet see while woman goes off with new boyfriend in untaxed uninsured car
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - martint123

It's one of their attempts at making sure whoever puts their name on the V5 is a real person that they can send fines an NIPs to rather thna the ever growing untraceable owners.
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - commerdriver

there are a number of valid situations where someone who doesn't have a licence may own a car, the most obvious is the one which affects me, mother in law severely disabled has wheelchair adapted car which her daughters and husbands can take her out in.
She can't drive but makes more sense for her to own the car rather than a random one of the daughters.
Could see the same applying to elderly in many cases as well.
Buying a Car as a Present- V5 Form Filling - 1066
i bought my parents a new car earlier this year but with only a few days to go i had to tell them as i felt guilty about putting it in there name without telling them.