Car park dents (again ??) - Pendlebury
I say again because I thought this had been done before but could not find anything on forum search - could be me though.

Anyway - I am on hols having a great time and we are staying in a place that has reserved parking spaces for each property on the complex.
I park beside a silver megane that is in a complete mess - I'm not knocking the owner they clearly see a car as a white goods and that is down to them. They are a couple I would say in their 50's and love walking cos that is what they go out and do all day everyday. My car is parked beside theirs and has not moved for 2 days. I go to the car and notice that there is a lovely door dent that is clearly caused by their rear door - it even has the silver paint on it as evidence. I know for certain they caused it.
What would you do - i.e. would you approach them and ask for recompense or would you just leave it and accept that it's a fact of motoring life. ? (For the record I was a coward and left it but after paying for it to be removed I got thinking - should I have challenged them ?)
Car park dents (again ??) - Dynamic Dave
If there was no doubt it was them, then I would have challenged them. If no joy, then start mentioning "oh well, lets leave it up to our insurance companies to argue it out" and see if that then calls their bluff.
I won't mention what else I'd possibly do (if I had no joy from the other party) as it would amount to admitting to criminal damage!
Car park dents (again ??) - J1mbo
Maybe take a few photo's, perhaps get some sort of statement from maybe the manager of the complex. You really need concrete prove that it was them.

With all that evidence, approach them and point out what's happened, if they don't play ball, then claim on your insurance is the only option.

Otherwise Chips Away can repair light damage. I have actually been sitting in my car on more than one occasion when someone has flung a door into my car. I get to look at the damage and their totally shocked and surpised when I point out what they have done. Some people just don't realise or don't care what they've done, both times its been a female driver, one old and one middle aged.
Car park dents (again ??) - FotheringtonThomas
>>I go to the
car and notice that there is a lovely door dent that is clearly caused by
their rear door - it even has the silver paint on it as evidence. I
know for certain they caused it.
What would you do - i.e. would you approach them and ask for recompense

Just so. Unfortunately in this day and this has to be done. Proper people must regain the upper hand, over low-life PFD-ers.
Car park dents (again ??) - L'escargot
It depends on what sort of insurance you have, and how you view your insurance. If you have comprehensive with a protected NCD then you should consider just claiming on your insurance. Even if you know who's done it it's not worth spoiling your holiday by getting into an argument (possibly heated) about it, and not worth any subsequent wrangling. My view on car insurance is that I have it to cover me for any car accident and that I pay my insurers to sort every financial aspect of the accident. I don't believe in having a dog and barking myself. I realise, however, that not everyone shares my view.
--
L\'escargot.
Car park dents (again ??) - Clk Sec
>>I get to look at the damage and their totally shocked and surpised when I point out what they have done. Some people just don't realise or don't care what they've done, both times its been a female driver, one old and one middle aged.<<

Saw a similar incident yesterday while on foot. The driver of an old Vauxhall trying to get into a roadside space that was too small. It was obvious that either the car in front or the car behind was going to be nudged. The one in front was lucky, the one behind was not.

The driver couldn?t have cared less.

Clk Sec

Edited by Clk Sec on 14/11/2007 at 08:47

Car park dents (again ??) - UncleR
Don't most of us have policy excesses? Surely makes it not worth claiming for this sort of thing if you have to pay the first £250 (for example). I doubt you could prove the person did it unless you had witnesses (or at least you were witness).
Car park dents (again ??) - Pendlebury
Many thanks for your repsonses - although I didn't challenge them I think most people are in agreement that I should have done something and checking with you has re-affirmed that. Just to close this one out I did get autohealer to fix it and he did a brilliant job.