Corolla 2005 Diesel Not Starting no fuel - davidwoakes
I ran the car till the tank was (I thought) nearly empty. I guess it was pretty dry. The was still running normally when I stopped.

However this morning it would not start (there was a clicking noise when I tried), but no starter motor.

I got 8l of diesel and poured it in the tank and operated the bleeding button on the top of the fuel pump (for quite a while).

Initially when I tried to start again the clicking was gone but the engine still didn't turn over.

However after a delay the clicking started happening continuously.

Anything I can try or am I going to have to get a mechanic to look at it.

Edited by davidwoakes on 11/11/2007 at 09:42

Corolla 2005 Diesel Not Starting no fuel - piston power
Put it in gear and rock the car so the flywheel turns over that should move the starter round and try again,
if it cranks and it starts treat the poor thing to a new fuel filter cos running dry will have pulled some muck off the bottom of the tank.
Corolla 2005 Diesel Not Starting no fuel - Screwloose

Tried jump leads?
Corolla 2005 Diesel Not Starting no fuel - davidwoakes
Well, after talking to friends locally they felt the initial thinking was wrong and a flat battery was more likely. I tried jump leads and it started.

What probably should have alerted me a little sooner was that the alternator was replaced on Tuesday (under warranty)... I was worried about the fuel level so jumped to conclusions.
Corolla 2005 Diesel Not Starting no fuel - bathtub tom
>>Tried jump leads?

Nothing you suggested then Screwloose.
We wouldn't like you to know we appreciated you in case it cheered you up ;>)