Valet Parking at Gatwick - Armitage Shanks {p}
I am looking for 8 days parking at Gatwick next year. The price comparison sites have come up with the same cost (£47) for parking 4 miles away and catching a bus as for valet parking. However, Watchdog or some such used a firm, that has since gone out of business, and gave them a car with a tracker fitted, for an 8 day parking service. The car was parked on the public road in an industraial estate for 4 nights and was driven round in XS of 70 mph on a number of occasions as well. Does anybody have direct personal experience of valet parking at Gatwick, please could they comment, and perhaps recommend a firm, either on the forum or thru the e mail in my profile? I am a bit wary about handing over my car and keys to anybody I don't know or who is not well thought of by other people! Thanks

{motoring related, so moved out of IHAQ}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/11/2007 at 13:51

Valet Parking at Gatwick - Happy Blue!
I have used CPS at Manchester (and I think they operate at all airports). Very impressed by the service. The car had clearly only been driven to the car park and back to the terminal during the 10 days they had mine and I have now used them two or three times. Very effective and relaxing, especially when dropping the car off.
Valet Parking at Gatwick - Altea Ego
you dont need valet parking. I always use BPC at gatwick. Its easy to find, the shuttle is reliable and the longest I had to wait was 15 mins when landing at gatwick at 1:00am in the morning.

They even boost started the tourvan for me when it was going through its flat battery stage.
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
Valet Parking at Gatwick - UncleR
I agree. Valet parking can't be that much less hastle - you've got to ring them when you're there then wait. By the time you've done that you could be back on the bus (almost).

I use NCP Flightpath at Gatwick as it's one of the few which allow you to park it yourself (so I can get a nice end space and reduce the chance of someone opening their door into mine by 50%!).
Valet Parking at Gatwick - Squiffy
I found the valet parking useful when I had very young children with me. Much easier.

Of course it was a lot more hassle when we returned and found our car had been stolen from their compound because they'd left the keys in it.... Now that was one seriously complex insurance claim!
Valet Parking at Gatwick - UncleR
>>>Of course it was a lot more hassle when we returned and found our car had been stolen from their compound because they'd left the keys in it....

Yeah, that can be a drag when that happens...;)
Valet Parking at Gatwick - Armitage Shanks {p}
Thanks for the comments to date. The service I was looking at said "Ring when you are 15 minutes away and we'll be at the front" and on the way back "Ring us when you have cleared Customs with your luggage". Thanks for the positive comments about the Manchester service - I must check if they work at Gatwick.
Valet Parking at Gatwick - paul45
I have used CTS Holdings a few times at Gatwick and found them to be reliable etc. However since the Watchdog report SWMBO has decreed no more valet parking. Even though they were not named and shamed.

I have just used the Arora hotel in Crawley for 16 nights parking and a night in the hotel on the Friday before we left (good hotel by the way) for £125.50. Booked this through Holiday Extras. I have used other hotels in this area before and been extremely disappointed - these guys were good though. The car park is an underground one and you take your keys away, so no chance of bird droppings tree sap etc. driving around at 70 mph etc.
Taxi (large minibus 6 people 8 large cases etc.) £40 return so not bad on that front as well.

Hope this helps.
Valet Parking at Gatwick - paul45
Should have said that even though the flight was early afternoon and we live about 90 minutes from Gatwick - the hassle free factor appealed - and we didn't have to get up mega early as well.
Valet Parking at Gatwick - henry k
Armitage Shanks.
BCP operates just as you have described.
You drive to their depot just off the airport
Valet parking is where you go to the terminal, get out and hand your keys to the company. On return they deliver your car to the terminal.

some companies
www.airport-parking-quote.co.uk/parking/LGW3-BCP-P...m
Valet Parking at Gatwick - Martin Devon
I just get a cab. Well an 8 seater to be exact cos management takes the Kitchen sink. Doesn't work out too frightening when you remove the cost of parking/fuel etc. and stress free. Won't do it any other way. It's a Holiday remember.

MD
Valet Parking at Gatwick - AdrianM
I must say I prefer to park myself - though I don't know why. I have used valet parking in the past (and could use it every week - my employers "preferred supplier" is valet parking) but I just don't trust anyone else with my own car especially in the chaos around Heathrow airport.

At Gatwick I always use NCP Flightpath - it's usually the cheapest and definately the best IMO. Easy to find, huge car park (park it yourself) and buses every 10-15mins (5min transfer to terminal). Only downside is that they only go to North Terminal.