330d - sometimes reluctant to sart when warm. - Pugugly {P}
Before taking BiL's car down the dealer, any views on my theory. The car still runs on its original pair of keys (nearly seven years old now). Would the age of the key battery (both OE) potentially cause immobiliser failure to engage. The keys are designed to re-charge as the car is driven. The car has been used the last few days with the "spare" key without the problem cropping up at all.
330d - sometimes reluctant to sart when warm. - elekie&a/c doctor
The battery in the key is only used for the remote lock/unlock function and not the immobiliser so I can't see that being the problem.Best get a diag check first to see if there is anything adrift.hth
Thanks that's the next step. Not bad though since its on the 200 side of 100k and the first thing that approximates a fault.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 28/10/2007 at 19:40

330d - sometimes reluctant to sart when warm. - Screwloose
PU

Nothing much to base it on; but low-pressure fuel pump sluggishness isn't unknown.

This could be some sort of immob fault if the spare key really is making a difference?

A code-read might give some clue. Failure to read a chip at key-on leaves a code.
Eventually got sorted, a burnt out Heater Relay behind the glove box. Cost 28.36 for the part and a massive £5.28 for throwing it away - honest. Goes as well as ever now.
PU

The glowplug control module is under the plenum chamber N/S - what did you change?

Not me ! Took it to the dealer as BiL away, read it off the bill ! They showed me the relay it was a green thing !
330d - sometimes reluctant to sart when warm. - Aprilia
If its behind the glovebox couldn't it be the fuel pump relay?
That may make sense, but the engine ran ok once it fired up.....I have a part number upstairs I'll post it later.
330d - sometimes reluctant to sart when warm. - Aprilia
IIRC (and I admit my memory isn't very good) there is a fair bit of stuff behind the glovebox on these, including pump relay and engine management relay. There's also other things like heated seat relay, fog lamp relay etc that wouldn't be relevant.

Yes; there's a stack of ECUs in there - and the fuel/lift pump relay.

That fits far better than glow-plugs, as you don't need then when warm - but that's when fuel pump activation problems might emerge from residual pressure in the lines.
That computes - not been upstairs yet to dig the invoice out.