1999 1.9td meridian - unrecognised warning light - bigkaz
hi quite recently i have found an odd warning light come on it seems to come on when i brake though wether it indicates a braking problem i cant say as my brakes still seem pretty responsive. the light comes on just above the temparature gauge and is a bright red i stil do not know what it is as it is an odd shape that i cant describe and it will only flash up momentarily so i cant get the detail either but it is a good size, when driving the car it all seems fine nothing out of the ordinary. although service is overdue by about 4 months. i would greatly appreciate any help with this knowing next to nothing about cars. i have checked the brake fluid oil, water levels etc and all are fine. thanks in advance for any help with this matter the car is a 99 T plate and has about 115000 on clock radiator was replaced at about 98k and temp seems to be fine.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/10/2007 at 14:43

unrecognised warning lighht 306 1.9td meridian - bell boy
sounds like water warning level low,have you checked the connectors ?
are there any on the expansion bottle?
unrecognised warning lighht 306 1.9td meridian - 659FBE
If you have a red light which comes on when you brake, the front pads are probably worn out. Investigate asap otherwise the disks will suffer.

unrecognised warning lighht 306 1.9td meridian - nick
At a guess I'd say brake pad warning light too.
unrecognised warning lighht 306 1.9td meridian - RichardW
Pad warning light on PSA cars is usually orange - and they tend to flicker on and off all time when the pads are down (if they're working / connected!).

Not familiar with the 306 dash layout, but it could be the oil pressure light if the oil level is low. Does it not come on at start up? Does the STOP light come on as well?
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
1999 1.9td meridian - unrecognised warning light - carjack jim
Hi
have you had your AC checked recently I think this light indicated that your AC fluid is saturated with humidity check the colour of fluid in condenser pot,
but if you never had AC drained and refilled it most likely the problem, costs £44.00 at Kwit fit