Quick tyre question - dxp55
Wife's car goes in for MOT tomorrow and I know it needs two front tyres - tracking was out and outer edge is worn so was going to get two more Toyo Proxies Tr1's (195/50/15)- only problem is I don't trust garage to track it if it needs it again with new tyres and garage I trust is a good run so I rang garage that tracks and they can offer two Avon ZV3's at £45 each (Toyo £47)
Has anyone got ZV3 on their car -if so what do you think of them - Toyo's have good wet grip and wear quite well (if tracked properly) - If I go for Toyo will get them to check track but not adjust it.

Dave
Quick tyre question - gmac
If I go for Toyo will get them to check track but not adjust it.
Dave

Can't help you with tyre choice but why get them to check the track and not adjust it ?
It'll cost the same and you already know the tracking is out by the wear on the old tyre.
Quick tyre question - rip
I have the zv3?s 185/65/14h on my xantia -fronts. They are ok, but nothing special, for some bizarre reason they fell better in the wet than dry, but still fine in the dry.

Road noise is average- although on the motorway on a decent surface the car is quiet, so they cant be all that bad.

I think in a recent autoexpress study they came mid table, i would agree with this analysis
Quick tyre question - Number_Cruncher
Why not get the Toyos fitted, and don't even ask them to check the tracking, and then, when it's convenient get the tracking done somehwere you trust. There's no rule that says you have to do the two jobs at the same time.

Number_Cruncher
Sorry lads seems I miss led you somewhere - I have had carp tracking at Toyo supplier but after I get them fitted I have no objection to them checking tracking - if it is still OK ( had it done month ago) I needn't go to other place to get it adjusted - The tracking place I trust doesn't sell Toyo just Avon (branded mid range tyre) - my idea was to kill two birds with one stone and get tyres and tracking from good tracker but wasn't familiar with the Avon's - from the searches I have done it looks like Toyo's get a better write up and I cannot fault the one's that are on anyway.

Dave
Quick tyre question - GregSwain
they fell better in the wet than dry but still fine in the dry.

Bizarrely there were ZV3s on the front of the Almera when I bought it and they lost grip in the wet, but were perfect in the dry. National tyres sell a lot of Avons, but personally I'd sooner buy their Barum (Continental-made) range. They'll only set you back £36 fitted in the size you want (V-rated too), and from personal experience, are every bit as good as "real" continentals.
Quick tyre question - Paul I
Totally agree with you Barums via tyre shoper but fitted at national Tyres are a very good deal and having had Toyo's they are equal to if not better.
Yaris passed MOT even tyres - tester said they were OK but still changed them - it's not till you see new ones you realise how worn they were - this time I will get them swopped over at 12 month's as they are directional - try to even out any edge wear due to all the islands we have around this new town. - Tracking was toeing in by 1mm

Dave