1995 E320 Alarm problem after fob battery swap. - Martin Devon
Good evening chaps/essess! is that right?

Had a battery changed in one of the Merc' keys today. Nothing wrong 'til I got home and decided to lock the car. After about 30 seconds the alarm went off and no matter what I tried or in what sequence nothing, but nothing would bring back normality. Any thoughts gratefully received please. Before you say go back to the "changer of the battery", this will not be a prob', but I am so wishing to solve it now.

Very best regards..........Martin.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 08/10/2007 at 23:05

E320 ALARM - Martin Devon
The car is 1995. I may have indicated a later model by the details in the drop down boxes, (which do not display clearly in landscape!)

VBR.............MD.
E320 ALARM - Pugugly {P}
Martin,

Happy to try and re-edit it for you is it a W210 ?
E320 ALARM - Screwloose

So many Merc remotes; but try:-

Aim at driver's door receiver; press "lock;" lock car with key using passenger's lock; unlock car; turn ignition on.
Aiming at the Drivers door doesn't work. Only at the mirror. I have gone through the unlock/lock prob' by blipping twice quickly at the mirror sensor and then turning the key to position 2 but to no avail!! It is the alarm that is at fault. My mechanic suggested turning the alarm off under the bonnet with a key provided. This worked except the hazards flash 30 times forever with only perhaps a 20 second break. My head is beginning to hurt.

MD
E320 ALARM - Screwloose

That's a Type 3 system - good luck!
That's a Type 3 system - good luck!

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. It is a '95 car. 62k genuine miles now and I will disable the thing if it is possible before I go down the route of spending serious dosh. But, I cannot believe that it is serious as I remain optimistic where I can. This excludes any future for this country, but that is another COW............(Can of Worms).

Are you now telling me that your first suggestion is now in the laundry basket??

VBR......MD
E320 ALARM - Screwloose
Martin

It was meant sincerely; I've been exactly where you are with one of these things - and I normally avoid security issues like the plague.

Just fixing a simple charging fault left me with days of alarm grief and, eventually, a trailer to the dealers.

Really; honestly; the best of luck with it. Hope Doc's idea works for you - it caused my one to go scatty in the first place, so there's hope.
I have spent ages in the thing tonight and have now reverted to vin rouge. However Sir, I do believe that you are correct and value your input regarding its correct title. In the not too distant future it is going to be in receipt of a Basil Fawlty type thrashing if it does not comply!!

Many thanks..............MD
E320 ALARM - elekie&a/c doctor
I presume this is the system with the red and green flashing lights in the rearview mirror.Try disconnecting the car battery for 15 mins (only need to remove earth lead)which can be done without removing the rear seat by flipping out plastic cover below rear seat cushion ,drivers side ,and undo 11mm nut that holds the cable to the body.Re-connect battery with with ignition key in the ON position,and wait 1 min.Hopefully this will re-sync system.hth
Yes Sir, this is indeed the system as stated. Have you tried this before perchance.

Yours VERY gratefully........MD.
Doc, I disconnected the battery but the alarm just went off so I reconnected it. I mentioned the idea to my mechanic and he went white, (Very experienced.) I am not saying you are wrong as I really have no idea, but I couldn't stand the blooming alarm for 15 minutes. Fault code reader next methinks?

VBR...................MD
Result we think. My Mechanic decided that he fancied the bonnet catch, of which there are 2, as a possible culprit. The left hand one has a switch inside it. Removed, cleaned, the usual sensible stuff and hey bingo. May not be the end though we think cos sometimes it just won't do its correct unlock/flashing/bleeping routine, but it is OK for now. However he had previously spoken to Mercedes in Exeter, (who incidentally were over and above brilliant.) He had a Technician on the 'phone for 35 minutes and he stated that he had never dealt with a more helpful chap. The Merc' guy said that in the early to mid Nineties a lot of cars did not have alarms as standard. At some point they became in vogue, (for want of a better expression), and Merc' sourced systems from various places and fitted same or maybe sub-contractors did. The Merc' technician said it was a bit of a minefield. Anyway, we have wheels again now, wheels that can be locked that is. Thanks to all.

Very best regards................MD