Recommend me a tracker - mare
I put a deposit down on a '55 reg Impreza WRX yesterday. Other cars in the house are with Direct Line, and the online annual quote for the car considering it'll be parked on the drive and where i live is quite reasonable. But Direct Line require a tracker to be fitted. I must admit, i'd like one fitted anyway.

Daft question nr 1 - do Impreza WRX's come with trackers as fitted? It's a bit early to ask the vendor, and i'm convinced that they'll know (car supermarket)

Not so daft question nr 2 - can anyone recommend me a tracker?

Thanks in advance
Recommend me a tracker - PST
It's about 3 years since I went through this exercise on my WRX.

My advice now would be find an insurer that doesn't require a tracker (e.g. Liverpool Victoria). Very similar premiums to the other major names and saves the hassle of someone ripping bits out of your new car to "hide" the tracker and wire it in. Plus save in the region of £200 per year subscription to the thing. And secondly, do you want it back after it's been chased over town by the bib and stingered.

If the same holds true today from two or three years ago, STis come with a tracker as standard, WRXs do not. If it's from a supermarket then it's possible the STis do not either (EU imports). Check the immobiliser/alarm situation too if from a supermarket.

Paul
Recommend me a tracker - bell boy
surely the tracker will need to have an authorisation fit for purpose stiffcat once fitted? i would therefore contact direct line direct for guidance
Recommend me a tracker - nb857
Gentlemen, and possibly some ladies too, do the obvious delights (if you can afford it then fair do's) of fast and or desirable car ownership get dampened buy the need for trackers and the constant niggle that some one might force you to hand over the keys?
Recommend me a tracker - PST
It's only some insurance companies that demand a tracker, others don't. And I'm not convinced of their effectiveness these days anyway. The sort of people pinching cars with trackers either know where they're hidden, know how to disable them or just leave the car in a remote spot for a few days and then come back to it if the police haven't.

Did this bother me when buying it? No. Whilst I think they're great cars, I'm not sure Impreza's are that desirable in terms of stealing to order - no riskier anyway than comparable cars. Not being complacent, it's just otherwise we'd all be walking.

I bought it primarily as a safe family car. I figured if it had higher levels of grip for a given speed than an "ordinary" car and better brakes, then it had to be safer, all other things being equal. Speedwise, today's TDis give it a good run for its money in most normal driving conditions unless you want to take it to 7000 rpm in every gear but it is good fun on occasions (especially after driving the wife's wobbly CRV for any length of time).
Recommend me a tracker - rtj70
Step-son when car searching back a month or so ago fancied an MG ZR.... lots of companies insisted that a tracker was fitted to these cars even the gutless engined ones. He got something else in the end... looks a similar to an MG and he's happy.
Recommend me a tracker - mare
Update:

I've got the car insured with Endsleigh in the end, £250 more than DL, but no tracker required. 10% discount because house is insured with Zurich and Endsleigh is part of the Zurich group, and dropped my old Almera from the Direct Line policies. The Almera is going into storage for a while.

Ta