Replaced stereo - loses memory & code required - jeff9969
I have replaced the ageing cassette player (clarion pu9971a) in my peugeot 106 with a cd player (clarion pu2294a) from a 306. Everything works ok except for one thing. When you turn the ignition off and turn it back on again the player has lost all the memory and you have to input the code again. I have checked the power to the iso connector and all is fine. Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

{Subject header given a more meaningful title - DD}
No power - GregSwain
You've wired the permanent live and switched live around the wrong way. Stereos have an unswitched feed to keep the stations/code in the stereo's memory, and a switched feed which actually powers the stereo.
No power - jeff9969
I have used the original wiring. It is just a straight wiring swap as they both use iso connectors. There was no cutting or chopping of wires required.
No power - GregSwain
Well, both stereos use a permanent feed from the battery so not entirely sure why the new stereo's losing its memory. Try the old one again - does it lose its memory now? If so, the problem lies within the car's wiring (blown fuse, dodgy multiplug?). If the old stereo remembers your stations, then there's a problem with the new stereo. Does it have the same number of pins? Peugeot might've moved a pin at some stage? Check the fuse in the back of the stereo too.
No power - alan30

hello mate you probably already know by now but i had the same problem as you and read through this article i bought my car with the stereo already in but was having the same issue just swapped the yellow and the red wires over and problem solved so even if no wireing is needed just bear in mind the next time that you may still need to swap some wires over. so glad these articles exist makes life so much easier. cheers :)

No power - cafeine
Your answer was TOP!....i made the same mistake and I was about to return the device...but it's all fixed now!...thx....!.
Replaced stereo - loses memory & code required - mfarrow
Try swapping the always-on and switched.

Even the ISO standard isn't immune to manufacturers fiddling (Sony!).

--------------
Mike Farrow
Replaced stereo - loses memory & code required - jeff9969
Spot on. I swapped round the always on and the switched wires and it sorted the problem. Now that raises the question, Why do the some manufacturers muck about with what should be a worldwide standard? Many thanks to all that replied with suggestions especially mfarrow. Cheers mate.
Replaced stereo - loses memory & code required - GregSwain
Why do the some manufacturers muck about with
what should be a worldwide standard?

Who knows? Glad you got it sorted in the end though, sorry for my long convoluted post! GM (Vauxhall) have always reversed the yellow & red wires (permanent and switched live), and VW's ISO isn't really ISO either. Wasn't aware of any issues in Pugs tho.
Replaced stereo - loses memory & code required - weazlechin
i have just bought the same stereo to put into my van but i do not have a wiring diagram, does anyone know which colour wires go where, or where i can get a diagram. thanks