Car Park Moan - Roly93
I witnessed the most incredible display of lazyness and bad manners today in an Asda car park. A fairly respectable looking woman filled her 4x4 boot with shopping from the trolley, closed the tailgate, realising that she could just drive forward through the parking space in front, she just left the empty trolley there to be blown around by the wind or to block her old space from any new shoppers. What is wrong with people these days, can they not even do the most basic things out of good manners, that make life a bit more bearable for the rest of us ?
Car Park Moan - bell boy
just please yourself that you arent married to such a contemptious woman Roly93
my wife would hack her right leg off before doing such tricks
got to say im surprised this happened at *** though it happens more often at ********,thats why i like shopping at netto, no snobbery, just good value :-)
Car Park Moan - gordonbennet
Roly don't for petes sake get me started on the general bad mannered thuggish behaviour of all sorts of people these days think its down to the lessening of all standards (there youve got me going after all).

Think in the case you describe though its probably the fact she was unable to reverse the beast anyway, and realising the space in front was clear for a drive through she just grabbed it quickly so as not to have to perform the sixteen point manoever to exit backwards.

Also to go off at a slight tangent why is it that some drivers are totally unable to acknowledge any common road courtesy, does it make them less in their own eyes if they thank someone for having normal road manners...i realise not all have been taught by good parents but it must start at a young age or am i misguided and got it all wrong again?

I know its not just on the roads its everywhere.

There rant over will lie down in darkened room.
Car Park Moan - III
Don't start me on car parks. I was going up the levels in a car park today and the next thing I found myself staring at a 4x4 coming towards me at a fair speed. They obvously could not be bothered going round the system to get back to the space.

I can understand the design of most car parks are not great but when you are facing a 4x4 when you have your wife and 8 month old baby in the car it can make you see red.
Car Park Moan - bell boy
comes back to my reason why i drive a transit weekdays,they look at it think ooh thats gonna hurt and back off,i never reverse unless its a deserving case
Car Park Moan - Pugugly {P}
Not leaping to her defence, but I suppose nobody knows what's going on in anybody's life at any given time which leads to them doing seemingly out of norm things.
Car Park Moan - bathtub tom
>>woman filled her 4x4 boot with shopping

Around here, she was probably in a hurry to get back to wherever she'd left the caravan this week.
Car Park Moan - doctorchris
I find the customers parking at Lidl are most courteous.
Car Park Moan - Collos25
thats why i like shopping at netto, no snobbery, just good value :-)

I am a Aldi man myself.
Car Park Moan - moonshine {P}

I vote for Aldi as well. Never any loose trolleys in the car park (£1 system) and everyone parks neatly within the bays.
Car Park Moan - Phil I
>>customers parking at Lidl are most courteous.

No loose trolleys either as Lidl trolley uses a £1 coin to release and you have to take it back to the store to get your £1 back.

A system I think should be obligatory on all supermarket trolleys.

Happy Shopping Phil I
Car Park Moan - malcolmg
I agree with the above, in my town, Kidderminster, both Tesco and Sainsburys are next to a canal. The last time, over 70 shopping trolleys were lifted out of the canal, why cant the managers think common sense, I would like to think that British Waterways could fine these companies. To get the store in the first place Tesco agreed to divert the river Stour at huge expense, yet they wont have £1 trolleys.
Car Park Moan - daveyjp
Supermarkets can now be charged for removal if trolleys are found outside the perimeter of the store. Check your local Council website for information.

"The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 now adds to the EPA and brings the opportunity for the Council to collect, remove and dispose of an abandoned trolley. The Council can then charge the owner for the costs of removal, storage and disposal. This charge is payable on demand and can be recovered as a statutory debt. The charge currently stands at £115 per trolley."
Car Park Moan - Snakey
Our local Tesco has the radio-controlled wheel locks on the trolleys. This only half works as you see great clusters of trolleys gathered at the perimeter of the car park where the wheel locks have engaged.

Whether or not this is deliberate (to see if it works!) or laziness I'm not sure!
Car Park Moan - Dynamic Dave
I find the customers parking at Lidl are most courteous.

Not the one I mainly use. Quite a few people park in the disabled bays without displaying a blue badge; and some of the customers with kids also use them - presumably because there are no parent/child bays and the disabled bays are wider.
Car Park Moan - bathtub tom
We've got two LIDLs in our town, English is spoken in one of them!
Car Park Moan - hbosken
But why is it that 4x4 drivers need to straddle the white lines in the parking bays, hence taking up two spaces?

But have you ever tried the trick of parking your trolley just under a 4x4s nearside mirror. The lazy driver doesn't see it - but the hear and feel it when they reverse out. Oooh what a devil!

AAnd how comet here are so many disbaled drivers at Tesco a 7am? (Well, our local store's disabled bays are always full at this time - sometimes you even see a blue badge on display.............)
Car Park Moan - Civic8
>>But why is it that 4x4 drivers need to straddle the white lines in the parking bays, hence taking up two spaces?

lets not forget most parking spaces now are not wide enough for the larger vehicles,and appears to be the same wherever you go now
Car Park Moan - Cliff Pope
"filled her 4x4 boot with shopping "

All that in just one trolley?
Car Park Moan - L'escargot
........ she just left the empty trolley there to be blown around by the
wind ......

Must have either been one of those new-fangled places where you don't have to insert a coin into the trolley, or she was rich enough (4x4 owner) to leave the coin in the trolley.
--
L\'escargot.