Tyvek Cover going - Surrey_Scientist
I have a Tyvek cover (From Halfords, manufactured by Dupont) for my celica convertible which isn't driven much, and noticed some water streaks on the bodywork and some dirt stains on the fabric hood recently.

On closer inspection the cover has "crazed" and in one place got a small hole on top. It appears to be happening as the material has formed creases as it gets moved when fitting, or by the wind, and the "metallic" outer layer has almost worn away on the creases and folds.

has anyone else any experience of these covers, and has seen the same effect and knows how to educe this ?

Does anyone know what the Tyvek actaully is, iut appears to be some soft papery material overlaid with some kind of metallicy looking thin foil or coating

They were not that cheap, although nowhere near a made-to-measure cover, I am wondering if it is better to invest in a more durable brand/material.

Any recommendations ??
s
Tyvek Cover going "Crazed", cracking and porous - thomp1983
tyvek is a breathable reflective membrane, we use it at work for coating timber house panels. you could source some more and patch repair it, this is what we do at work when someone is stupid enough to put a hole in it.

chris
Tyvek Cover going - Pica
Try here

www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ProductInformation/CarCo...m