Matrix fun and games - AdrianM
At last the Matrix signs on the M4 are being put to good use. Driving home from my weekly commute tonight the matrix by J8/9 stated "To J13 - 30 miles - 28mins". At first not sure if this was advice, guidance, a warning? - then it struck me, it was a challenge. Get to J13 (30 miles away) in less than 28 mins. Easy peasy, you might think, a mere 64ish mph at 11.30 at night - no problem, no need to rush, just pootle along. But they're sneaky......there's 4 miles of roadworks around J11/12 with average speed cameras forcing the speed down to 50, so precious minutes are wasted. Starting to get a bit tense now - was I too complacent at the start? Need to press on between J12 and 13. Despite the pressure, I make it comfortably with 3mins to spare and so I arrive at J13 to be issued with the next challenge "To J15 - 20miles - 18mins". By this time I am more accustomed to the higher speed and decide to take no chances in the early stages and keep my foot down. Two minutes later I reach the next Matrix sign telling me to slow down to 40mph - two lanes closed, workmen in road. 'CHEATS!!' I yell....but I keep my cool, edge past the hazards and back on to the open roads driving like I was back on the autobahns. Again, I make it to J15 with 3mins to spare. Matrix sign issues next challenge "To J20 - 40miles - 38mins".....but I decide that's enough excitement for one night, so head off home on the 419 for a nice cup of tea...or maybe a glass of wine?

So, I think I passed the novice stages - I am hoping for a stiffer challenge on next weeks journey.
Matrix fun and games - NARU
VERY GOOD! 10/10
Matrix fun and games - ijws15
Admitted AVERAGE speeds of 72 and 80 mph respectively . . . .

Accepting a perceived challenge and letting it affect the way you drive . . .

I would guess driving faster than you normally do for no good reason . . .

Disturbing behaviour just because of a matrix sign.
Matrix fun and games - ablandy
dont you love it when people dont get the joke....................

Matrix fun and games - AdrianM
"Admitted AVERAGE speeds of 72.."

Hey, you're making me look bad. Don't forget I had to do 4 miles at a steady 50 - meaning, I had to exceed 77mph for the rest of that stretch!! Sheeesh.
Matrix fun and games - normd2
I can't wait for the first one to try this on in court - 'but Judge, the signs said I had to do it in 20 minutes.... :)
Matrix fun and games - ijws15
dont you love it when people dont get the joke....................

Quite ;-)
Matrix fun and games - David Horn
Heading down the M5 at about 3am one Sunday I saw a matrix sign along the lines of "20 miles: 14 minutes". Made me laugh, but wasn't terribly surprised because the few other cars on the road appeared to be doing 90+.
Matrix fun and games - retgwte
the money spent on these signs is largely wasted

99 times out of a hundred the accident warning/speed reduction is regarding an incident long since cleared

other advice is of the motherhood and applepie variety telling you to take breaks etc

im convinced the poor idiot from serco paid to keep the messages up to date just takes the mickey now as he knows there is no come back for poor service