2001 LX 1.4 Questions - Steve306
Hey everyone

I have just bought a secondhand 306, as above, and have a couple of questions.

Does anybody know if this model had side airbags fitted as standard.

I am asking because on the door side of the 2 front seats there is a little rubber plaque that says "Airbag" and has a picture of an airbag deploying from the side.

I was reading the users manual after I got the car home and it says that if you have side airbags and the side airbag light on the dash does not come on for a few seconds when you turn on the engine then you need to get your car to a garage immediately.

Well the side airbag light does not come on, just the regular airbag light. Is the airbag stamp on the side of the seats just standard whether the bag is fitted or not or does this possibly mean the bags are there but are faulty?

I am also a little anxious as there appears to be white staining around the interior of the car in places, looks like a small tin of paint exploded and peppers certain areas. This are mainy around the doors and the center of the car. I am starting to think maybe the airbags have deployed in the past and not been checked since. Does this sound like a possibility from what Ive described? Or could these jsut be paint marks?

The second question is much simpler, does this model have an alarm fitted as standard? The users guide seems to suggest you need a second fob to activate and deactivate the alarm but I did not recieve one. Is there anyway to check for an alarm?

Thanks in advance for any help you can all give.

Steve
s