C15 Van Bulb question - corblimeyguvnar
Hello
The C15 I am currently (still) driving has n R2 bulb O/side and H4 N/side, advisory on the MOT last was change O/S bulb as alignment was out (it is, bulb is a tad wobbly inside), I duly bought a new R2, which lasted 5 minutes (probably/maybe bad handling on my part).
To get to the nitty gritty.
This is a bulb question, the H4 fitted is the same 'fitment' as the R2, but looks a very different bulb but fits the same headlamp hole, can I just buy any H4 (any bulb from any company), or do I have to specify which vehicle?
Hope this makes sense?
Cheers
CBG

--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle,
Citroen C15 Van Bulb question - GregSwain
After a quick search on an auto-bulbs website, the correct bulb is the H4. Personally I get my bulbs from Halfords (their own brand), and I've not needed to replace one yet!
Citroen C15 Van Bulb question - Screwloose
CBG

I can recognize an H4 as a general type description [almost certainly a 472 on this car] but WTH is an "R2" when it's at home?
Citroen C15 Van Bulb question - corblimeyguvnar
410 LUCAS HEADLIGHT BULB 12V 45W R2 DIP/MAIN BEAM

as purchased from Ebay.

Should I be looking for a 410 not R2?
CBG

Ahh; light dawns. You've got the stone-age bulbs in that side.

Are you trying to fit a 410 [round base with little notch] into an H4 [472 three-leg] holder; or has someone excavated a 410 headlight and retro-fitted it?

The 472 replaced the 410 decades ago; however, bodgers still prosper.

To complicate things further; there is a retro-fittable H4 halogen bulb for the 410 [Duplo-D P45t] holder called a 012 - is that what's happened?
Without getting under the bonnet and by reasonably passable memory, the round base with litttle notch (410?) is the same for both the sides/headlights despite one bulb being the Stone Age bulbous bulb and the other being the more conventional 'halogen' long type bulb.

Please, Mr S.Loose, can you tel me what to ask for at Halfords or my local Motor Mart? a code would be nice.
Or should I pop in and lt them make bigger fools of themselves trying to suss it out than I will trying to explain it?

Its just a blinking bulb!!
, well actually its not a blinking bulb its a dip-main beam bulb but still, what a pain in the butt.

CBG
--
CBG

OK. First you'd better confirm that both headlights do indeed have the 410-type round bulb-holder and not the three-legged 472 later type.

One headlight has a H4 halogen bulb fitted in it; one a [randy glow-worm] 410 type?

If so; then you'll need an 012 [H4 halogen conversion for a 410's P45t holder] bulb to match the H4 one.

Try LSUK for an LLB 012. Good luck - that's a rare one.
Cheers Screwloose, as always excellent info.
Yep, they definitely both have the 410 holder (it is a 410, so I have learned something today at least).
Have searched the www and a couple of sites have the halogen H4 conversion bulb, AT £11 each !!!
I reckon I'll get another one of the dodgy pre war bulbs for 4 quid and hope it doesnt go poof like the last one.

You live n learn
CBG
--
CBG

F-f-f-four quid!!!! For a 410? I can remember being called a robber for selling one at 48p!

Try LSUK [Lucas] for that LLB 012; if they've got old stock, then it might be old price.