147 GTA v VR6 4motion v Cooper S - NickS
Evening!

I posted on here not so long ago asking about opinions of the Alfa 147 GTA, and I am now in a position to actually buy the car. I have narrowed my choice down to 3 cars (unless anybody has any other gems to recommend?). I am currently driving a Fabia vRS but I no longer need the economy and i fancy a change. I don't however want to take a drop in performance. I need the practicality of a Med hatch as I am into surfing, camping and Mountain biking!

Ant tips, opinions or suggestions? Dont hold back!

Thanks in advance
147 GTA v VR6 4motion v Cooper S - rtj70
Only experience of Alfa's first and second hand:

- Had a 156 2.0 JTS as a hire car when mine repaired.... really enjoyed it.
- Neighbour had a 147 1.6 until recently and had so many problems Alfa bought it back at a premium! And they bought a Golf.

But then I've had VWs and had nothing but problems :-)
147 GTA v VR6 4motion v Cooper S - Lud
I saw an old Top Gear recently in which a 147 GTA was tested against two other hotshoe specials, both 4WD I think.

It was slower than the other cars round the test circuit by quite a bit, but all three of da boyz said they liked it best, and gave a little homily on the irrationalities of car enthusiasm. Of course they didn't have the car long enough to see whether it was bearable to own. But they didn't break it either.
147 GTA v VR6 4motion v Cooper S - PR {P}
I drive a 156 GTA, which has same engine. Its a delight of a car, Ive done 55k miles in it now and had just 2 issues, one a blocked aircon drain pipe, and 2 a worn bush on the anti roll bar.
The engine is one of the all time greats, it sounds fantastic, loads of power, and I can get 30mpg out of mine if I take it easy.

If you can find the article on you tube that Lud talks about it would be worth watching, though I remember Jeremy flooring it round bends so inevitably getting bad understeer, but I find its fine if you don't treat it like a hooligan!
You could try for imnpressions on www.alfaowner.com
147 GTA v VR6 4motion v Cooper S - Altea Ego
I
need the practicality of a Med hatch as I am into surfing camping and Mountain
biking!

well that knocks the cooper S out of the running then.

------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
147 GTA v VR6 4motion v Cooper S - BazzaBear {P}
I have the 156 GTA, and it's bloomin' fantastic.
If you are a car enthusiast, you absolutely MUST own a car with that Alfa V6 in it at some point.