noisy rough idle. loss of power - shafto64
my idle seems to be getting rougher every week, it is getting quite noisy now (small knock/rattle) and seems to have a very small wobble/vibration.

there also seems to be a lot of noise from within the exhaust while accelerating.

once i get on the motorway the noise levels seem normal, its only in the lower RPM's.

i also suspect my VSS is on the way out as the speedo occasionally goes a little haywire and i have had to turn off AVC on radio cos of the volume issue.

Any suggestions? before i get shut of it!

wish i had fixed my head gasket on the scenic now, instead i got this thing instead!

Its had New CAT, O2 sensor, plugs, oil & filter, Air filter. still runs like swearing deleted
noisy rough idle. loss of power - Screwloose
shafto

Yes; this is a common problem on these Triumph Mayflowers.

It's often caused by a worn Thackeray washer, on the thripple pin, through the sporadic mandragular bracket.

Have you checked that?
noisy rough idle. loss of power - bell boy
totally disagree here screwloose old bean
we run a fleet of the mayflowers and it is the most reliable sets of wheels in the company even the co is thinking of getting rid of the old bentley blower and purchasing one.
With regards the thackray washer ,we have sourced a splendid supply of these from some jolly old chappies in birmingham, hand made too and only 3/6pence each, plus brown wrapper and string and a penny black for postage
Must go off to play cricket on the green now............
.............toodle
pip
noisy rough idle. loss of power - Screwloose
bb

So glad to hear of your good fortune in finding somewhere that still makes them, old chap.

Wasn't it nice of our kind mod to at least add the model to the header - but without year and proper engine details I'm still left making wild guesses.

Let's see; just how many engines did Ford fit in the Focus over the years?
noisy rough idle. loss of power - milkyjoe
shafto, please give make and model of said vehicle or we will be here alnight listening to abbot and costello
Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 2002 model

Apparently it gets mistaken for a triumph mayflower! you know the one.