1.8 fuel leak - wildey
I boguht a 306 1.8 yesterday and went to the petrol station and fiilled it up, when i had stopped i noticed that there was a fuel leak of about 2 liters which i think may have been the overflow, the rac came out to have a look (it was free) they said that the fuel pump seal wasnt fitted correctly and not to drive it. i didnt listen and i drove it to work today well i had no option and it was fine when i stopped there was a smell of petrol in the car and i looked underneath and the bottom of the fuel tank was damp, i though it would dry out, its still damp now with a small drip this is 5 hours its been idle for now, can somone advise me
306 1.8 fuel leak - Screwloose
wildey

Not much advice needed.

YOU HAVE A FUEL LEAK - IT IS A SERIOUS FIRE HAZARD.

Take [or have it transported] to a competent garage and get it repaired.

QUICKLY.
Peugeot 306 1.8 fuel leak - Dynamic Dave
i didnt listen

Whatever you do, please LISTEN to Screwloose's advice.
i drove it to work today well i had no option

Yes you did.
You could have taken the day off and got the problem rectified.
You could have sought alternate transport to work. Public transport, or a lift from a colleague for instance.
it was fine when i stopped there was a smell of petrol in the car

So, it wasn't really fine, was it? If you're not bothered about your own safety, please think about everyone else's around you.
Peugeot 306 1.8 fuel leak - wildey
Thanks gues, i am not going to drive it home, there isnt any dripping now, but the bottom of the tank looks a bit damp, its wasnt flooding out or anything, but i will take ur advise.
Peugeot 306 1.8 fuel leak - ChrisMo
Check the big rubber 90 degree hose which joins the fuel tank to the filler pipe. They seem to perish and leak after a few years. Replaced mine a year or so ago, the bloke on the parts counter said they sold a lot of them! The new one is thicker rubber and hasn't got a seam. It was a real pain to change as the new one is really hard to bend so didn't want to go in place.

Chris
i have an update, last night at 7pm after it had been idle for 8 hours it was dry on the underneath of the tank. I didnt move it i have left it at work untill i can get somone to come and have a look. this morning after it had been left overnight the tank was wet again and dripping, obviously the change in temp caused the fuel to expand again.
Peugeot 306 1.8 fuel leak - jc2
May also depend on how much fuel is in the tank.
please dont laugh at me, if it is, but i hope it is down to to much fuel in the tank, it my luck with cars (i dont have any) i am going to try and get hold of a couple of 25 gallon drums and drain come off, hopefully this will work
Peugeot 306 1.8 fuel leak - Collos25
We won't laugh but tell us your reg number so we know not to park within a mile of you.Its nothing to do with overfilling you have a leak you have been told by a reputable organisation you have a leak why don't you believe them and get it fixed if you cannot afford it sell the petrol andscrap the car.
Im getting it fixed, He didnt say the tank had a leak but it could be the seal arround the pump which was letting it out, im placing my bets on it needing a new tank, well its the most expensive option aint it, Any body have any idea how much it normaly costs for a new fuel tank?
Peugeot 306 1.8 fuel leak - jc2
I didn't say overfilling;just the level higher than the hole.
Thanks guys the problem has been fixed. it was the fual pump seal and also the connector from the tank to the pump the clamp on the hose had gone, ben fixed since saturday and had no leaks as of yet. Thanks for your advise