Correct use of head restraints - LHM
How many Backroomers drive with their head in contact with the restraint - i.e. actually using it as a 'headrest'?

I'm aware of the importance of correct restraint height, but don't find it comfortable to use them for support when driving. I have noticed that some drivers do adopt a 'rally driver' stance with arms fully outstretched and head thrust back into the restraint (needs baseball cap wearing to one side).
Correct use of head restraints - GregSwain
Some cars have head restraints that pivot forwards and are safely/comfortably useable as a head rest, but the majority of the time I'd feel uncomfortable forcing my head onto the restraint.
Correct use of head restraints - oldgit
I have the new shape Golf and have always been surprised how far away from my head the head restraint pad is. This is largely due to design (they come forward in an accident) and because I choose to have my seat's backrest at such an angle that dictates that the head restraint is THAT distance away. However my mate has just taken delivery of a new VW Jetta and he and his sister insist, due to their postural requirements, in having their backrests very, upright, in fact so upright that when I sit in either seats I find the angle impossible.

Another result of of this, is that they have found their head restraints are far too near their heads! and had resorted to removing them altogether. He complained about this to the supplying dealer who also mentioned that he was not the only one complaining about this and offered a remedial solution and that amounted to replacing the head restraints back to front such that the heavily padded prominent side was now facing rearwards - they are now both happy with this new arrangement.
Correct use of head restraints - David Horn
The head restraint on my Accord just touches the back of my head when I'm driving. It's uncomfortable to try to rest your head on it though.
Correct use of head restraints - 007
This >>>> www.thatcham.org/ncwr/

is a *must* read on this subject.
Correct use of head restraints - 007
.....and if you click on here>>>> www.thatcham.org/ncwr/index.jsp?page=147

you can find the rating for your car if it is a 2005-2007 model.
Correct use of head restraints - tyro
Interesting link, 007. Seems like when it comes to safety, Volvo are still at the top of the league.
Correct use of head restraints - Murphy The Cat
is a *must* read on this subject.

Thank you very much for that link. My 300C is firmly in the 'OK' category, and would be even more suited to me if I was a shorty.

But my wifes PT was woeful on the seating category.

MTC
Correct use of head restraints - P3t3r
Very few head rests will adjust correctly. I always make sure that mine is adjusted as good as I can get it, but it is always a long way from my head.
Correct use of head restraints - L'escargot
I feel uncomfortable if even my hair is touching the head restraint. To prevent contact in my current car (03/03 Focus) I have to lean the backrest backwards more than I would otherwise prefer.
--
L\'escargot.
Correct use of head restraints - pyruse
I feel uncomfortable if even my hair is touching the head restraint. To prevent contact
in my current car (03/03 Focus) I have to lean the backrest backwards more than
I would otherwise prefer.

Odd - I much prefer to rest my head against the head rest. That's what it's for.
Makes a big difference on long journeys as it lets me relax my neck.
Correct use of head restraints - Altea Ego
=>> Odd - I much prefer to rest my head against the head rest. That's what
it's for.

Actually that not what its there for at all. It is a head resTRAINT. It is there to stop your head flinging backwards and breaking your neck. There should be a minimal gap btween the back of your head and the resTRAINT, and the bulk of it should be level with your eyes.
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >