2003 - Key Re-Programming - miken
I bought an 03 Focus with only one key, paid about £150 for a Main Dealer to provide a second one. This meant that the existing key and the cars immobilising system have been reset to new codes. The previous owner has now sent me the original second key which opens doors etc but wont allow to start. Can I re-program this original key using method in owners manual or will I risk messing up the system? Will it overwrite the old coding with new?

Due to high prices I'm a bit nervous about trying.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

MikeN
Key Re-Programming - dxp55
Pick a locksmith in your area from this link www.autolocksmiths.net/ --I got a new Yaris fob key for £30 so a reprog should be reasonably cheap - saying that my local F@rd dealer reproged my key in 30 sec for a fiver
Key Re-Programming - DP
The method in the owners manual should work fine. You have two (different) existing keys and simply want to program a third.

In any case, it won't delete the existing two working keys. Has to be worth a shot.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Key Re-Programming - jimbo_the_jetset
2nd that. The handbook gives a step by step guide of how to program another key by putting it in turning it to II, put the main key etc etc
Key Re-Programming - AndyT
I programmed a spare key for my '02 Focus using the manual instructions. Quite painless really.
Key Re-Programming - miken
Thanks for replies, programming a blank key would not be too much of a worry but as the one I've got is already programmed to the old coding I have doubts, still I'll give it a try

Miken
Well, you have to program all the keys at one 'session', and my understanding is that all keys are at that stage over-written with new a code, regardless of whether the keys are new or old.
Just to say that the spare remote key I bought of ebay came with a used fob, so it already had an old code in it.