MoT reqs on 1950 pick up ? - steveo3002
just saw a 1950 pick up truck i half fancy

its on a chassis...what are the mot requirements as far as body/floor pan rot holes?

is anything less strict on such a old vehicle?..emissions will be i imagine
mot reqs on 1950 pick up - John S
Rules on corrosion and braking standards are the same as any car. No allowance for age. Emissions much less stringent. At that age (pre 1973) simply 'no visible emissions'. Doesn't even see an exhaust gas analyser.

JS
mot reqs on 1950 pick up - steveo3002
so say if the sill area has rot...i was under the impression it could be filled/bodged/left

arent the chassis and chassis mouning points the main concern? after all didnt really old cars have wooden floors
mot reqs on 1950 pick up - John S
steve

What I'm saying is that the car must be structurally sound, which does, as you say, depend upon its construction. Sills can't be bodged if they are necessary components of the structural integrity of the car. If they are not, they can't be left if they have dangerous projections etc. The car can't be failed on its original type of construction provided the relevant components are sound. So, if it has wooden floors they must be sound, if they are performing a structural function or supporting seats etc....

JS
mot reqs on 1950 pick up - old school
most all body parts can be replaced, 1950 should have metal floor pans.as long as there is no oil burning smoke out tail pipe and pipe system is in good condition drive it