Polish on new car - Doc
How long would you wait until you gave a brand new car a polish?
(Assuming the car is non-metallic and has no "paint guard" treatment)

Polish on new car - steveo3002
go ahead and do what you like

its been baked at the factory...prob many weeks ago too

chances are the dealer has polished or waxed it before collection anyway
Polish on new car - Vansboy
If you do a forum search, loads mentioned before.

Most to explain difference betwwen wax & polish!

Mrs V's Mx5 has ONLY ever had a more or less monthly, application of Gold Claass wax from www.meguiars.co.uk

looks like new, still!

VB
Polish on new car - BobbyG
How bout the same day?
Get it home and give it some Autoglym resin olish and then extra gloss treatment to seal it. But make sure you remember to do the alloys (if it has any). Doing it then and giving them a good thick coatting will reap rewards every time you need to wash it.
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Polish on new car - Blue {P}
The dealership *will* have polished it before you got it anyway, and probably a damn side less carefully than you will!

Blue
Polish on new car - MVP
In my experience is is better never to polish a car.

When rubbing-in wax, you create thousands on tiny scratches on the surface that dirt sticks to.

I discovered this years ago when I had my Morris Minor convertible re-spayed - every time it rained, the car looked like it had just been washed.

Same with out 4+ year old Forester.

Occasionally, using only rainwater, I soak, then wash with with some liguid wax in it, then rinse (but I don't dry with a cloth or sponge, as the water has no limescale, there are no "rings" left when dry)

BiLs car was the same age (03 BMW) and he washed it every week / frequent waxing - after 4 years , the difference in shine was incredible.

MVP