92 Rover 216Sli Central Locking - victor2
Hi does anyone know where the central locking control unit is on my '92 216Sli. According to the Haynes manual it should be inside the passenger door, but I couldn't find it.

Also I am breaking my expired '93 216GSi to save some parts for the '92 - I took the exhaust system off and noticed that the rear box is larger on the '92. Is this just cosmetic or would the smaller '93 box fit on the '92 without causing the engine any problems. The middle box was slightly different too, one being a bomb shape, the other more angular, but basically the same volume.

Great cars these, recommend them to anybody, I've been driving them for the last 8 years - no problems apart from age related rubber joint replacements
92 Rover 216Sli Central Locking - elekie&a/c doctor
The central locking control module sits behind the centre console,below the heater panel.As for the exhaust,if the mountings and the pipe diameters are similar then there should be no probs.hth
Thanks for that,

Yes the pipe diameters are the same - just the volume of the rear box is different.

Do you know what the central locking control unit looks like, how large it is?

Thanks again.
92 Rover 216Sli Central Locking - SaabFanatic
There's an official Honda technical manual available online - look at my last posting at:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=53...2

(While you're breaking one of the Rovers, you might want to re-solder the FI Main Relay as a pre-emptive measure...)
92 Rover 216Sli Central Locking - DP
Take the igniter module off the distributor of the breaking car as well. These are one of the few reliability weaknesses on the Honda engine. I've been in one when it fails, and you get no warning. One second it's running fine, the next it's completely dead. Nothing in between.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Yes, I've taken the igniter unit off. I've never had one go on me but looking through the service history from the previous owner it failed at 60k
Thanks for the link - never knew about that, and the tip