Back on two wheels - Tim Allcott
In order to see whether I can (and wish to) still ride, I've just purchased a GPZ600R from ebay. Passed MOT yesterday, so I've ridden a total of 20 miles for the first time in 30 years; so far, so fun (but not yesterday morning when it was raining...)
Quandry is this. Bike is currently showing as TAXED on the DVLA website, with no liability until 01/05/08. Vendor didn't have disc (wasn't on the bike when he bought it); when the new V5 arrives in my name, can I contact DVLA for replacement disc? I know that I'm commiting a technical offence by not displaying, but given I'm insured, it's MOT'd and DVLA says it's taxed, should I ride her?
--
Tim{P}
Back on two wheels - Pugugly {P}
Yes an offence (not technical at all ) of failing to display. You should sail through ANPR though but an Eagle eyed PCSO might sting you. I would visit my local LVLO and try to get a duplicate for it. The risk is that someone cashes the old tax in then it'll be untaxed.

Oh and welcome back to two wheels.
Back on two wheels - Tim Allcott
Thanks for speedy response, PU. Given that it's only £47.00 I'll probably visit the P.O. today, providing insurance docs have fought their way through the postal strike. Will it give the computer a hissy fit if it ends up with two valid tax discs? Should the previous owner (once removed) cash the tax disc in would the DVLA send me a letter as the new registered keeper? My head hurts! Simplest solution is for me to tax the bike again, so I shall
--
Tim{P}
Back on two wheels - bell boy
i buy lots of cars that show as taxed i was advised by swansea that i am commiting an offence if i sign the form saying the tax is mine when in fact ive never seen it,therefore i am commiting an offence,therefore just tax it