2006 Yaris T Spirit diesel - EML light. - caroleG
Bought this car new last November and within a week the engine management light came on. Took the car back to the dealership where a new ECU was fitted. Two days later the light was back and the car yet again returned to the dealership. After a lot of scratching of heads the consensus of opinion was that there was nothing to worry about and it would probably disappear of its own accord! The light still comes on intermittently and keeping a log of the times doesn't help. Before taking it back yet again, any ideas? What can I say to the dealer to make him do something about it?

CaroleG

Slight subject alteration to show problem - PU
(used new pull down menus for car details)

Edited by Webmaster on 05/01/2008 at 17:05

06 Yaris T Spirit diesel - EML light. - thrustyjust
just bought a 2007 Yaris diesel and after 2 days the management light came on.For us it was a dodgy cam sensor.It should never be intermittent.There is obviously still a problem there.I would consider another dealer as you are still under Toyotas warranty.
06 Yaris T Spirit diesel - EML light. - Galad
There have been previous posts on HJ regarding problems with the Yaris diesels from 2006, I think. I understand that the Yaris is made in France but does this also apply to the diesel engine? I'd be worried if the engine is French design/engineering.
06 Yaris T Spirit diesel - EML light. - madf
IIRC all Yaris diesels are made in Japan. Mine is. (volume economics?)

Your Toyota dealer is clearlyy incompetent. Go to another... or write to Toyota UK and complain..
madf
Yaris 2006 T Spirit D-4D - ECU light comes on. - caroleG
ECU light came on a week after purchase. In the last year dealership have replaced the ECU twice and still the light comes on intermittently, usually after sitting on the drive or in the garage overnight. My husband and I both drive the car and the garage is now saying that when we turn the engine off one or both of us leaves our foot on the clutch pedal too long! They have given the car back to us with "some clutch cables disconnected" and we are to take the car back in two weeks. Any idea what my nest step should be? Car is superb in every other respect.

Edited by Webmaster on 05/01/2008 at 17:03