'01 Mondeo - Plastic Wheel Arch Liner. - Richie_green
Hi

My wifes car has developed a problem with the front wheel arch. Please accept my aplogies if this is a basic problem but I am not too conversant with cars.
The plastic trim in the front drivers side wheel arch has come loose and appears to be missing a number of screws. In addition, the plastic appears to have been cut and is flapping around which is further wearing the plastic. We purchased the car around 2 months ago and has been relatively problem free until this.
Is this likely to be expensive to replace at a local garage?
Can this be done myself?

Thanks in advance

Moved to tech and subject line changed to assist readers - PU
Wheel arch plastic - R40
What make of car is it?

Replacing a plastic wheel arch liner is normally pretty straightforward and a diy job, though you may find the price a bit hard to swallow as they can come expensive. Either try a scrapyard/car dismantler for a second hand part - just make sure you get all the screws you need with it; or buy new from a dealer.

Good luck!
Wheel arch plastic - Richie_green
Many thanks for your quick reply.

Its a 2001 Mondeo - I guess its a trip to the scrapyard!
Wheel arch plastic - Altea Ego
The front wheel has to come off, and the car supported while you remove and refit the liner. Not a job to be done using the jack that came with the car. You have other means to support the car? (axle stand, hydraulic jack etc)
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Wheel arch plastic - Pendlebury
I don't want to be TVM's parrot here Richie - but please heed his advice about the jack. You will need to be applying a bit of force possibly (even though they are flexible) at 90 deg to the jack and it may unsteady the car - especially if it is not level.
Wheel arch plastic - Richie_green
I am able to get my hands on a jack so thanks for all your advice guys.
Wheel arch plastic - cheddar
These are secured by plastic rivets, unusual to come adrift unless it has been removed before for a reason, this coul;d be anyting from accessing the washer motor to an accident repair. The plastic rivest should be replaced so you will need to get those from a dealer, might as well get the liner from the dealer as well, dont reckon it will be expensive and you know it will fit or you can take it back.
Wheel Arch Plastic - Richie_green
Hi

May be a stupid question, but is it imperative to get the plastic of the wheel arch replaced as soon as it becomes loose and falls off?
This has just happened to my car and am not sure to take it to a garage or wait and fix it myself

Moved to the thread where you posed a related question a couple of weeks ago - PU
Wheel Arch Plastic - fossyant
If possible, cable tie it as a precaution - if it comes off, it's likely to get completely smashed. Given all this wet weather, they protect the some electricals from direct spray.