Does Halfords price match? - a900ss
Do Halford's price match or at least discount?

I am going to buy a stereo within the next week and I can get the stereo from quite a few online dealers for £229.99 delivered. Halfords charge £299.99.

I am fully aware that a bricks and motar set-up costs more to run but £70 is a large price difference at this price point.

To be honest, I would rather deal with a B&M store and am prepared to pay more for it but not that difference.

If anybody knows if they will discount, please let me know.

PS - I'll ask them in-store even if there policy is 'No Discounts' but I'd just like a heads-up. Thanks.
Does Halfords price match? - Civic8
Never known Halfords to,but if you have a car hi fi shop near you and they stock what you want,they may do
Does Halfords price match? - David Horn
Depends on the mood of the manager at my local store.
Does Halfords price match? - Collos25
I heard an emplyee tell a customer they will match any advertised price on all products,whether they will is another matter .
Does Halfords price match? - Altea Ego
No they wont price match, but they might fit it for free.

wot stereo you getting?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Alpine IDA-X001.

I figured I use the Ipod so much in the car I might just as well get the unit that (in my opinion) has the best Ipod user interface. It has no CD player but i don't really consider that a loss.

Thanks all.
Does Halfords price match? - movilogo
8< SNIP 8<

You have email - DD
Does Halfords price match? - Sprice
At least ask! I always try and get discounts on such goods and if the store say they don't do discounts I try and get something thrown in for free. Apparently us Brits are too polite!
Does Halfords price match? - Hamsafar
I once complained about the cost of a pair of ramps, and the man used his staff discount card to make them cheaper.
Does Halfords price match? - Simon
You've got nothing to lose by asking anyway. Failing that just buy it from the online retailer if they seem at least half reputable. Unless you are buying from a dodgy seller then I am sure you will be alright. Use a credit card too because if the goods should fail to arrive or be faulty then you can always fall back on the protection offered by the credit card company.
I asked in 2 stores, no joy with either. I'm going to buy it from an online retailer instead due to the price difference.

Thanks all.
Does Halfords price match? - quizman

How much cheaper is it from an online firm?

With Castrol oil, I have found after postage, it is cheaper at Halfords.

There is a motor factor in Derby which was cheaper for Castrol, but now only sell Carplan oil. My cars would hate this!
As per original post, Halfords are £299, online dealers are £229 delivered.