'53 Citroen Picasso -Erratic instruments - oldpostie
My daughter's Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 petrol, 53 plate, has a problem with its electrics. For the third time now, she or her husband has been driving when the display (speedo, fuel gauge, date etc) goes out.(Time display stays on)It hasn't stopped the engine running, but once the car was stopped, left for a few minutes, and restarted, it displays a few warning lights and then it all settles down. She was advised to take it to a Citroen dealer who would look at it. She took it to a Citroen main dealer in Northampton this morning, and the car behaved perfectly, and their electronic kit showed no fault. They advised her to bring it back next time, which is only a 35 mile round trip.

Does anyone have any ideas ?
'53 Citroen Picasso -Erratic instruments - mrbeginner
the best thing to do is disconnect the battery for a minuite then reconnect its a little glitch where the ecu gets confused so you,re just resetting everything basically and all will be ok
'53 Citroen Picasso -Erratic instruments - oldpostie
Thanks for that. I wonder if anything was related to the different stereo system they installed. We shall know what to do now.
'53 Citroen Picasso -Erratic instruments - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Common faults on citreugeots is the earth cluster on the passenger side 'chassis' leg behind the left hand headlamp getting corroded.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
'53 Citroen Picasso -Erratic instruments - Bruud

Dear old postie,

I have exactly the same problem with my xsara picasso. Did you allready figure out what the problem was?

Thanks,

Ruud (Netherlands)

Edited by Bruud on 31/05/2012 at 10:32

'53 Citroen Picasso -Erratic instruments - Peter.N.

A non original radio/cd system was responsible for the battery going flat after two days on my C5, 'it was waking up' the Ecu about once a minute, disconnected it and problem gone. If you isolate all the wires except the 12v+ switched and 12v permanant feeds and earth it shouldn't cause any problems.