Congestion Charge CO2 120g - WipeOut
Hi,

I am looking to buy a new car, and regular have to drive in to London. There is a proposal for a change to the CC for cars producing 120gkm CO2 or less. Does any body know when or if a decision will be made on the below?

From CC site ------

PROPOSALS WILL BE SUBJECT TO PUBLIC AND STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATION PRIOR TO ANY CHANGES BEING CONFIRMED BY THE MAYOR:

The Mayor has announced that he would like to take forward the policy of reducing London?s Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions by introducing Emissions Influenced Charging to the London Congestion Charging Scheme. The Mayor is very concerned about the major challenge of climate change and these proposals aim to discourage the use of the most polluting cars and influence car purchasing behaviour.

The proposed Congestion Charging bands are as follows:

Cars which emit up to 120g/km CO2 and are Euro IV (Equivalent to VED Bands A & B) - 100% discount.

Thanks WipeOut

Congestion Charge CO2 120g - boxsterboy
I'm waiting for a definite decision on this too, having replaced my car with one that produces only 120 g CO2/km, for exactly the same reason!

I chose a C4 HDI with the EGS. Which I am enjoying! A trip round the M25 yesterday saw me average 60mpg.