car for sale -one lady only !! - wotspur
As a neighbour and friend has advertised her car thus, would it make you more or less likely to buy a car that has only been driven by a lady from new ??
I know this particular model rarely goes on long journeys,work is about 1.5 miles away, and that journey is done 4 times a day.
It's a Silver grey Renault 16 convertible 16 V, Y reg with just 32k on the clock, very good condition
new tax and mot
Guess the price ??
car for sale -one lady only !! - Pugugly {P}
One of these ???!

www.r16site.com/
car for sale -one lady only !! - uk_in_usa
God knows I'm no fan of the French, but I _like_ those cars! Am I sick?!!!
car for sale -one lady only !! - Kuang
I wouldn't personally assume that a car that's only had a lady driver was any better or worse, especially now there seem to be a while wave of young female drivers that are starting to behave just as badly on the roads as young male ones (and why is it that the car of choice always seems to be a silver 206?..)

I'd be more concerned over far lower than average mileage and the effect on the car that can have, especially if it's been serviced based on miles covered rather than time.
car for sale -one lady only !! - milkyjoe
i knew a lady driver who topped up the brake fluid resevoir with tap water!!!!
car for sale -one lady only !! - kithmo
That's awful, every lady knows you should use deionised water, same as you put in your steam iron. ;o)
car for sale -one lady only !! - L'escargot
Guess the price ??

£500
--
L\'escargot.
car for sale -one lady only !! - deepwith
Depends on the 'lady'.
I know of two cars which have been sold in the past two years after the elderly owners died. One an immaculate, regularly maintained, manual Golf which the driver used most days in a local volunteer car service, so almost daily plied between local homes, hospice and major hospital (c.60 miles). Added to this regularly round trips of at least 120 miles to visit children. Sort of person who asked us all to let her know if we ever suspected her driving was below par as she would have hated to be one of those drivers who did not know when to give up.
The second, an automatic honda civic, usually had white decorations to its dark blue paintwork and interesting indentations. Was driven consistently at 35 mph regardless of the speed limit but never further than 8 miles from base. Her best effort was 'parking' it in the reception area of the village undertakers when "I was only trying to stop the bottle rolling off the passenger seat" - fortunately no one was killed. It came complete with obscured vision when she forgot to clear the windows on a frosty morning, the residue of smell left from countless small yapping dogs and odour of spilt milk in the passenger well. Bet it looked fine when the (vicar) son sold it!!
car for sale -one lady only !! - Round The Bend
A minor classic! £895 - subject to some sort of maintenance/service record.
car for sale -one lady only !! - Sprice
Hmm, rarity factor, new MOT, tax, 32k. If there's an owner's club, someone would probably pay £1500?
car for sale -one lady only !! - Collos25
If it only does 6 miles a day how has it done 32k and why would sexism have any bearing on the cars condition.
car for sale -one lady only !! - Brian Tryzers
Would it spoil the fun if I suggested this is a Renault 19, not a 16? I'm not sure the Y plate fits with either - 1982-83 or mid-2001. The 16 ended production in 1979 (and was never a convertible, to my knowledge) and I thought the 19 gave way to the Megane well before 2001.
car for sale -one lady only !! - massey
Renault 19 Convertible on ebay;

tinyurl.com/25ya2m
car for sale -one lady only !! - hcm
" and why would sexism have any bearing on the car's condition"

are you saying the sex of a car's owner has no bearing at all on the decision to buy it?

i've seen more women kerb their cars than men, grate gears, ride the clutch on a hill, full lock the steering when not moving, forget a service etc etc etc.

does that make me a sexist?

car for sale -one lady only !! - Brian Tryzers
>...does that make me a sexist?

If you use these general observations to draw a conclusion on an individual you know only one thing about, yes.
car for sale -one lady only !! - Xileno {P}
It will be a Renault Megane convertible. The brilliant 16 was only ever a hatch. There's an old lady near us who uses her Polo once a week for driving half a mile to church every Sunday, revving and slipping the clutch most of the way. That poor engine never gets up to temperature, gets through endless exhausts and batteries yet somebody thinks they're getting a good buy when she trades it in for another VW every three years. I long to get my hands on it and give it a good long thrashing...
car for sale -one lady only !! - flunky
There's an old lady near us who uses her Polo once a week for driving
half a mile to church every Sunday revving and slipping the clutch most of the
way. That poor engine never gets up to temperature gets through endless exhausts and batteries
yet somebody thinks they're getting a good buy when she trades it in for another
VW every three years.

Which is why I'm glad to have bought 3.5 years old for 28% of original list price, with 56,000 of what one presumes are motorway miles.
car for sale -one lady only !! - Sprice
No ho chi min, I agree with you.
car for sale -one lady only !! - mike hannon
If it's on a Y plate it won't be a Megane. The 19 cabriolet was quite a tasty motor in 1992 and the 16-valve engine was a new departure for Renault then.
AIR it was refined and lively.
car for sale -one lady only !! - wotspur
The ebay picture kindly put up by a contributor is the same as this ladies car, but in silver, whilst I thought the Y reg made it sound older than it looks, I haven't discussed this with her, yet.
But most have confirmed my queries on the car, because she's put it up for sale at £5,500
so I'll try and find out tonight why she's being so blindingly optimistic - I thought 2,500 - 3 would have been reasonable -I'll keep you updated
car for sale -one lady only !! - massey
advertising for £5000 is just ridiculous

Around £1500 - £2000 , if you really wanted one of those 'not so desirable' cars
car for sale -one lady only !! - Xileno {P}
If it's a Y reg it will certainly be a Megane, as in the model that ran up to 2002 (pre-big bum models). The 19 ended in 1996.
car for sale -one lady only !! - mike hannon
Oops, sorry Xileno - I was thinking 82 not 92.
Wherever did that 10 years go?
car for sale -one lady only !! - tyro
>...does that make me a sexist?
If you use these general observations to draw a conclusion on an individual you know
only one thing about yes.

But it does not necessarily make you wrong ;-)
car for sale -one lady only !! - Collos25
You'll be fetching ageism into next .