Ford Focus Creaks - tpj
Hi
I'm hoping that someone might be able to help with this problem - maybe if you are a Focus owner and have experienced this also. I have a 1999 V Reg Focus Estate 1.8 Zetec (43k) which drives very well but sometimes creaks from underneath especially when the car has travelled some distance. The noise is best described as a eeeaaaw sound coming from the front underside. Noticeable only at slow speeds when the car rides over bumps or on undulating surfaces which cause the car to wobble. Parking when this happens also seems to bring creaks from the steering! If you stop the car for a few minutes and restart the noise isn't there. My local garage said it was the power steering rack and track rod ends which they then replaced - but it didn't solve the problem. I have taken it back to them and they can't find anything else wrong.

Any suggestions gratefully received - many thanks.
Ford Focus Creaks - bell boy
Sounds like a dry joint in a suspension component,does it go when the roads are wet
Maybe on a ramp and bounce everything it should be fairly easy to find.
I assume you havent got a donkey stuck somewhere?
Ford Focus Creaks - Steve33
I have a similar problem with my 04 plate TDCI of similar mileage. It manifests itself as a "boing" from the rear when one side unloads as you drive round sharp turns at low speed or over a camber in the road. Sounds like Zebedee is in the boot sometimes!

Could this be a dry joint as well?
Ford Focus Creaks - bigmacc1
had the same strange noises from the front of my 1.8 zetec, it turned out to be the drop links from the anti-roll bar to the bottom arms. not really a diy job its a "skining" the knuckles job?
Ford Focus Creaks - VR6
My mate had very similar symptoms on a Focus of the same vintage. It turned out to be a snapped suspension spring on the front. Do a search on here, as there seemed to be more than one person effected
Ford Focus Creaks - tpj
Thanks Guys - much appreciated - I'll check all these options out and hopefully solve the problem.