Insurance - Greg R
Hi everyone.

I have three questions regarding insurance.

1. Which companies allow one policy with two cars on it? Do these constitute value for money in terms of claiming etc?

2. Can a policy be tailored so the value of the car you provide is the actual amount you are awarded in the event of a claim. This might be a car for example worth more to oneself than to the outside world.

3. This is more about motorcycle insurance; in a serious accident, is there any extra cover for loss of income, debt, etc already available on ones own policy. Does comprehensive aid in this, or is this what the legal cover is for?

Thanks

Greg
Insurance - LHM
Hi Greg,

My experience is:

1) I have a multi-car policy with Admiral, which seems to offer very good value for money.

2) Usually, no. 'Market value' is what you'll normally be paid - though you can get 'agreed value' terms on some classic car insurance policies (maybe others?).

3) Pass
Insurance - local yokel
In answer to Q 2 - how can a policy pay out more than market value for a loss? If you say it's worth £10,000, and the ins. co. pays out £10,000, yet the car can be replaced like for like for £8,000, why should you pocket the £2,000? The ins. co. cover your loss, nothing more.

If it's an old classic, then you get what is called an agreed value policy, where you supply an independent valuation (normally via the owners' club) that is agreed by the insurer.
Insurance - normd2
for q 1 there's an ad to the left of this screen for Primo that insures up to 6 cars on one policy.

for q 2 local yokel says it all

for q 3 legal cover is for the lawyers fees if they have to claim for any loss of earnings etc not covered by your comp policy - need to check the small print on any given policy to see just what they do cover.