frontera 2.8 or 2.2 diesel - welderjames
Hi all,I recently sold my 2.8 Frontera,
The only reason I sold it was because a friend of mine offered me a good price,and as it was 1996 I decided it was time to get a fresher one,but other than a wee bit of rust underneath I couldnt fault it,(apart from the stupid alarm immobiliser thing),,,(soon ripped out),,,:-)
So I was considering sticking with the Frontera and going for the 2.2 dti, around a 1999 or 2000 model,
has anyone any info on these ones,are they as good as the 2.8,reliability/mpg etc,all info would be gratefully appreciated,,,,,,thanks,,
frontera 2.8 or 2.2 diesel - bell boy
check out the spares situation, somebody i know has had one sitting on a ramp for 4 months waiting for an upper wishbone, this was for one of the runout models x reg i think
The spare parts situation shouldnt be too bad as my old 2.8 shared alot of bits with the trooper 3.1,but 4 months does sound a long time,,but I would be more concerned about the 2.2 engine,,,,is it up to the job?/gearbox/turbo etc...
frontera 2.8 or 2.2 diesel - bell boy
arm i am assured is different
you asked i offered, i am not a frontera fan, when i advised a good friend not to buy one due to poor gearboxes and he ignored me and promptly broke down on the m62 with a seized box, i reckon that would have been a 96 model i think
overweight
poorly designed
rubbish
a GM lets have a go mission impossible (remember the excellant cf bedford engine?)
punters buy the things even to this day i still dont understand why
yep heard of gearboxes being soft,,but wondering if that was on the old 2.3 and 2.5,,(alot of them on ebay needing attention,)but more interested in getting info on the 2.2 dti..
frontera 2.8 or 2.2 diesel - Aprilia
I tend to agree with 'bell boy' on these. Think they are dreadful cars and can be lethal on M+S tyres with their limited grip and poor handling.
The gearbox fault is caused by poor lubrication - I believe there is a mod kit to upgrade the gearbox, but its not a cheap job because the 'box has to come out and be stripped.
So is it all fronteras,,,or just the earlier ones,,,???? I cant seem to find anyone who has actually owned the 2.2 dti,,(maybe I have just answered my own question),,and of course anyone who is selling one will hardly point out the faults??