What are covered under new car warranty? - movilogo
I've never owned a brand new car till now. But thinking of buying one!

Just wondering exactly what things are covered under manufacturer's warranty? Most cars here come with 3 years warranty with exception of Hyundai (5 yr) and Kia Cee'd (5+2 yr)

On Hyundai website, they said brake/clutch/lights etc. are covered for 2 years only. Rest of components 5 years.

Most other manufactuers include the clause that wear & tear are not included.

Could you please highlight your experiences what things are not covered??

If the car is under warranty work, do they provide free courtsey car for that??

Cars I'm looking at - Suzuki, Honda, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Toyota mainly (within £10k)

Thanx
What are covered under new car warranty? - Simon
Well what is covered varies with each manufacturer but generally speaking it is the normal wear and tear items that aren't covered. This ranges right from your oils, filters, plugs, through to your brake linings/brake discs, exhaust system, clutch and your tyres.

All of the major components will be covered such as your engine & gearbox etc, but things like fixtures and fittings - such as your interior trim or alloy wheels may not be covered for the full length of the warranty. You tend to find that each year certain items will drop off the warranty cover list and as such in say the third year of the warranty you will probably find it is only major components that are still covered. You need to judge each manufacturer on its own mertis.

As for a courtesy car should your new car require warranty work then that will be at the discretion of the dealer. I don't think that they have any obligation to provide a courtesy car so you will have to take your chances or find a dealer with a good reputation for good customer service.
What are covered under new car warranty? - yorkiebar
Ask the dealer where you are looking at the car for full details of the warranty cover ?
What are covered under new car warranty? - geoff1248
You will usually find that the item you are claiming for isn't covered!!!!!