Will somebody come clean ? just where is the catch - RickyBoy
Really how different/reliable/trustworthy ARE these Internet Car Reatailers?

How can www.broker4cars.co.uk offer the Octavia RS @ £14,554 (inc metallic paint) OTR from their UK supplied contracted Skoda dealership whilst www.showroom4cars can knock it out for only £13,995, albeit with a 7 week delivery date!

Although I'm not quite ready to jump in yet I spent almost an hour at a Huddersfield-based Skoda dealership on Friday afternoon drooling over a 'straight out of the box' metallic silver specimen which also included the electric sunroof. I didn't engage in any hard bargaining on the day but the vibe was that he'd be unwilling to drop much from £15,775! This is a company who have a fine, regularly updated website (which first caught my attention), could undercut a dealership in Ampthill for a nearly new 4x4 Turbo by £700 but are still thrifty Yorkshiremen like myself!

OK, it's got to be supply/demand/overheads, etc., etc. and I pride myself on being a 'canny' shopper, but just who/with/what/why and when does one jump in? Has anyone had a really good trouble-free ride with the Online merchants?

PS. Spotted my first 'Superb' in CMK last week. I tried to 'chase' the guy to get a closer look but he got away at the lights. It looked the biz mind...
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - crazed
get a seat leon, much better car, and available much cheaper new if you search around a bit
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - crazed
you tried

autobytel.co.uk
virgincars.com
oneswoop.com
tins.co.uk

etc etc
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - Flat in Fifth
Ricky,

bought from broker4cars if you want more info off site methinks, mail address OK.

In summary no problem at all.
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - RickyBoy
Cheers fellas. b4c is the site that HJ indirectly promotes? I've been on, bookmarked, and been back onto each and every other site you mention and more. It'll just be a matter of jumping in when all factors are in my favour ? which, quite obviously, will be never!
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - KB
Rick, I stand to be corrected, but think you'll find that broker4cars supply only UK supplied cars with the 3yr wty. + AA cover and definitely an English printed handbook and service book. You *may* find the other to be Europe sourced. When I spoke to 'showroom' recently, they said some makes/models were UK sourced and some imported from Europe/Ireland etc. The Fabia I asked about WAS UK sourced. Check this, but I honestly think you'd be OK with either firm. Just check the above and compare prices on that basis and if the wait is worth £500 do that. You could try price matching if they're both identical and both UK cars. Got to be worth a go. Oneswoop and the others mentioned may well be just as good. Spot of research and homework yet to be done.

I did see the Leon at £2750 off list recently at one the dealers mentioned. Can't recall which one - but, again, have a look round.

KB.
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - Honest John
www.broker4cars.co.uk sells only UK supplied and UK warranted cars, just like brokers used to do before the import boom. www.showroom4cars.com sells some UK supplied cars, but mostly Euro imports. That explains the price difference. I'm very impressed that Gary Bain has already got together discounted price lists for both the Citroen C3 and the new Vectra. See website news.

HJ
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - John S
Ricky

I bought via broker4cars in January. Excellent service, no problems at all.

regards

john
Re: John S - what did you buy - JB
JS: Which car did you buy? How is it faring?
Re: John S - what did you buy - AndyS
I bought from Oneswoop - no problems at all. Delivered to the door, plated, taxed, full tank, the lot. Saved £4,300 on the list price of a top of the range Zafira.
Re: John S - what did you buy - John S
JB

Astra 1.8SXi with metallic and ABS options for SWMBO. Caught Vx's '£1000 off' deal as well as the b4c discount and GM points.

Excellent handling and cornering (it's got the stiff suspension and 50 series tyres, but doesn't bounce like a Focus), and seems to go quite well. Strong brakes. Nearly as much room inside as a Vectra. No squeaks or rattles. Madame is pleased.

Regards

John
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - Mark
Hi Ricky,

I have just taken delivery of a Citroen C5 2.2 Hdi from B4C after 3 months trawling through dealers papers etc.

I found B4C different in that questions were actually answered and a service actually provided, unlike most franchised dealers. (Good on you Gary)

I ordered car and the dealer working with B4C did a good job with car being delivered to door with some Diesel (not full tank). No dents scratches or any other deficiencies listeds on HJ's check list.

I have, therefore, found B4C reliable.

With respect to how B4C do it ( I think that they pick up a flat rate fee), why dont you ask Gary?

Finally one weakness. This Citroen is both the first new new car I purchased and the first diesel. Now the handbooks that came with it are extensive and written in French English. I have, therefore had to ask HJ questions about whether it was a Turbo Diesel!!

Overall I recommend them.

regards

Mark
NO CATCH!!! - Import - ant
Just when will UK buyers wise up to the fact that manufacturers with 10% of their European turnover in the UK, earn 75% of ALL their European prifts here!!

For goodness sake you don't have to be Einstein to work it out!
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - Gary Bain
Thanks for all your comments, feedback is valuable. Glad to see we have obtained some appreciative customers.
And just to put the records straight we deal in only uk supplied vehicles showroom deal with mainly European sourced vehicles.
Broker4cars sales figures for March increased by 300% from the previous March.
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - RickyBoy
Cheers Gary,

As your name/company crops up here repeatedly in such a favourable light I'll certainly be in touch when the time is right...

Richard H
Re: Will somebody come clean ? just where is the c - Jim K
I am waiting on delivery of a Mercedes E class 320 CDi estate, from main deal. This was ordered after much searching. After checking the various importers and trying to match specs etc, it was the only choice really. I was going to save less than £1000 and have to wait an extra 4 weeks. Couple this with the potential added hassle if warrenty etc ever became an issue.
I agree we are being ripped of but the companies are only doing what we via the government allow.
Jim