Ford Ka water ingress around tailgate. - graham woods
Hi all. I have a 2003 ford Ka, that has only covered a careful 14,000miles by the two previous elderly sisters. I have owned it for about a month now. I have noticed a few drops of water inside the car at the rear tailgate, more or less in the centre of the car, where the jack sits. Will it be the tailgate rubber seal do you think ? I have tried adjusting the tail gate lock so that i get a tighter fitting tailgate, but there does not appear to be a way of adjusting it at all. Any help and advice please, Thanks all. Graham.
Ford Ka water ingress around tailgate. - bell boy
the panel that holds the back lights in is made of tin foil
i would suggest you try tightening the three 8/10 mm bolts up,but personally i would take the light out and give it a good thick coat of silicone sealer round the foam gromit and put it all back together
(if i remember rightly you have chav lights on this ?)
if so definatelly do the silicone trick
Hi Bell boy, Yes I thought it may be the lights, so I replaced the original ones and kept a good check on the tailgate area. Bone dry around both lights. The water seems to be in the centre of the tailgate around the locking mechanism area. Is the Catch adjustable would you know, to allow a slightly tighter seal, or do you think a new rubber seal surround will cure it. and if so, what do you think the price of one will be from ford.Cheers, Graham.
Ford Ka water ingress around tailgate. - bell boy
the catch on the slam part may adjust a little
i find a hammer helps to fine tune fords
still think its the light though
if it was a festa i would go for water ingress of the wiper spigot ,not had a problem on a ka there ive had yet though
Hi Bell Boy, I am going to try what you suggest with the silicone around both rear lights as a start.
I let you know how I get on. Cheers, Graham.