Warranty on Motorpoint XTrails?? - LongDriver {P}
I've noticed that Motorpoint have currently got some very lowe prices on Nissan XTrails - for a new unregistered car, the Aventura spec is £16000, compared to an RRP of around £24000.

What Car? Target price is £21400 for a UK car.

Has anyone any idea what the warranty is on the 'Motorpoint' import stock? This is probably one of Motorpoint's best sellers, so there must be an HJ forum member or two out there who knows???

Also, I've seen a few reports of the turbocharger being a problem on these - anyone any knowledge on this issue?
Warranty on Motorpoint XTrails?? - happytorque
A few years ago i purchased a brand new Nissan from Motorpoint in Derby. It had been imported from Dublin.
I had to sort out the warranty myself by going to the local Nissan main dealer and talking to them very very nicely!
To cut a long story short it took almost 5 months and dozens of phonecalls to get my car loaded onto the Nissan computer system. I got the warranty fixed up in the end, but had to do ALL of the work myself.
Proceed with caution......unless of course, they have got their act together these days!?

My advice is ask lots and lots of questions.
And if you do decide to buy, go straight to the Nissan dealer and check that they know you are the new owner.

When I did just that, Nissan were showing the car as 'unsold'.
"No its not", I said..."Its outside in your carpark!"

On the plus side, I saved £5,000....so it was well worth this little bit of trouble.
Warranty on Motorpoint XTrails?? - flynn
It's a huge discount but not without entirely problems apparently. Someone else who bought one from them said his seemed to be the Aventura spec but wasn't badged as such. Also some minor damage that they resprayed for him and trouble getting the satnav to work because of the way it was programmed. There were no manuals, no service book, and only one key. It's a supermarket so once you buy you're pretty much on your own. Think I'd want to see exactly what I'd get before parting with the dosh. No service book and not the full warranty will probably affect the second-hand price but then it's a good saving.

Some people have reported turbo failures while I saw someone else saying he's covered over 180,000 miles in 53 plate diesel and done nothing but overhaul the brakes and replace tyres. In a "Which" report I saw it was one of only 5 cars to have 0% breakdowns in first 2 years. There was a recall in late 2005 to rejig the ECU to give the turbo an easier time and there was a problem with the ECU of Euro 4 diesels made before August 2006 that caused a slight misfire and needed to be re-programmed - so make sure that's already done or can be done.
Warranty on Motorpoint XTrails?? - Falkirk Bairn
Great Price but it will be the "old model" the new model is about 2 mths old - Warranty will be what is left as it could have been sitting around for a good few months - warranty starts when it is sold by the "Original Dealer"