92 Honda Prelude ABS light - allan doc
My ABS light comes on on my Prelude when i apply the brake at the first corner after start-up. I have previously posted but been advised to take out the ABS light. I dont really want to do that and have been advised it could be a dirty speed sensor. The car is due an MOT so i have to get front tyres for it tomorrow. While the wheels were off i was going to inspect the speed sensors. Any ideas how to do this or any other ideas what could be causing it. I bought the car last week for £300. It seems mint condtion apart from rear silencer and two front tyres so i dont mind spending a little money on it.
92 Honda Prelude ABS light - Dave N
You were advised to flash the fault code, then you will know for sure where the problem is. Have you done this yet? You only need a paper clip!

You can look at the wheel sensors, but you won't see much. It's usually the ABS unit unable to hold pressure causing the pump to run continuously. After a preset period of constant running it will throw a code.
92 Honda Prelude ABS light - allan doc
I have not yet as i've been on holidays past week. Thanks for the advice anyway. How do you flash codes? I have done it on my Astra but dont know how to do it on Prelude. What pins do i put paperclip in? Where is Control unit i do it placed? I have the fault code diagrams etc. The front tyre is also low in pressure. Would this make light go on as one wheel might be travelling at a differant speed round a corner?
92 Honda Prelude ABS light - Dynamic Dave
How do you flash codes?

It was mentioned in one of the replies to your other post.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=51214&...e