Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - Servelan
Hello all,
I have just purchased a (used) Peugeot PU2294A radio CD, made by Clarion for our Peugeot 106. The unit works okay both on radio and CD but when switched off the code needs to be re-entered each time. I have checked that I have a permanent live on the plug and this is okay. Is there an internal fuse on the unit? Does anyone have any ideas? Is the radio CD duff or are the connections not standard? The wiring on the car matches is standard.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Servelan, I read often but post occasionally.
Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - DP
Does it happen when you switch off the unit itself, or when you switch off the ignition?

Cheers
DP
When you switch the unit off it retains the code and the settings. It loses them when you turn the ignition off.
Servelan - I read often but post occasionally
Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - Civic8
Your permanent live must be wired to wrong pin then,have you checked this live is live with ignition off??
--
Steve
I have checked that the permanent live is on irrespective of the ignition position. Could the radio CD need the permanent live to a different pin to the old radio cassette?
--
Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - Dynamic Dave
Can't vouch for Peugeot wiring, but with Vauxhalls, you normally have to unplug the red and yellow wires on the iso connector and swap them around. ie, red to yellow, and yellow to red.
Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - Civic8
>>Could the radio CD need the permanent live to a different pin to the old radio cassette?

Highly likely,have you tried asking anyone at a garage/main dealer?
--
Steve
Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - yorkiebar
Run an extra, live lead temporrily to this pin/connector ?

Will prove idea ?
Thank you for the advice everyone, I will investigate further tomorrow and report any progress.
Thanks again.
--
Peugeot PU2294A Radio CD - lammydave
hi, servelan,
did you resolve this problem as i have the same situation..
thanks
david
SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/11/2008 at 19:01