Vehicle Logging form - bell boy
Following on from selling cars that hit a brick wall here is a tale from the horses mouth.
Friend of mine has a small car sales emporium and he is (was) in the habit of letting customers do test drives on their own with his trade plates in the window.
A few months ago he did the same thing customer came back parked the car up kicked the tyres (he had shorts on so its the law) and said the immortal words " i think i will leave it mate" and was gone into the sunset.
Two weeks later mate got a notice of intended prosecution for a speeding ticket for this car and he had to swallow it as he had no idea who the drivwer really was
moral of story if you let a customer have a test drive?''''''''''''''go with them.........no exceptions
get their details and log the times and get them to sign it
It weird but all test drivers want to speed
You have been warned
VEHICLE LOGGING FORM - cheddar
get their details and log the times and get them to
sign it

That's what bike dealers do, it's enough apparently.
VEHICLE LOGGING FORM - Aprilia
Clear misuse of trade plates there. If the driver had been stoppped your mate would have been in more serious trouble and possibly lost his plates.
VEHICLE LOGGING FORM - bell boy
yes aprilia i know that and you do but tell the other 90% of garages that abuse trade plates daily
VEHICLE LOGGING FORM - Group B
It weird but all test drivers want to speed
You have been warned

Someone I know was caught speeding on a dual carriageway by an unmarked police car while on a test drive, and got the points and a fine.

I was driving in Nottingham on Saturday lunch time. Just approaching traffic lights on a busy junction, as they were turning red a Mazda RX8 shot past the other way, must have been doing over 50 in a 30 zone, trade plates in the windscreen and presumably the salesman in the passenger seat...
Vehicle Logging form - Clk Sec
That brings something else to mind. My nearest dealer is some distance away, so when I take my car for its annual service and MOT I tend to wait in reception while this is being carried out. However, as the dealer does not have MOT facilities, the car is driven a couple of miles or so to the nearest testing station and could, of course, get caught out by a speed camera.

I think next time it might be prudent to ask reception to note the time they hand be back the keys, because once the car is returned from MOT I'm normally on my way home within a couple of minutes.

Clk Sec
Vehicle Logging form - Ravenger
My car is being collected by my dealer soon for its first service. This thread has definitely made me think!

I'll make sure we note down the times the car is collected and returned, and get them to sign something, so we have proof they had the car during those times.