Corsa 1.0 ecotec oil leak - Theunisse
Hi guys. I'd be grateful for a bit of help on this one. My girlfriend's corsa has started leaking oil, and my first thoughts were that she might have hit a raised man hole cover and cracked the sump. However, when I came to look at the car the sump was fine. I checked the oil level - normal - so I started the car and watched underneath for the drips to start.

It is leaking from what looks like a pressure sensor (immediately to the left of the oil level dipstick) I've looked through my Haynes manual and can't find any pictures or references to it. Any ideas of why oil should start to leak from here? When the engine is running it is dripping out pretty quickly, so it will be alright to drive to the garage 800 yrds up the road on Monday but not much further.
Any advice as to whether it is a fix I could do myself would be appreciated but I suspect it is a garage job.

Thanks and hope you can help
Corsa 1.0 ecotec oil leak - bimmer-driver
One of the common things on these is the oil pressure switch- affects the 1.2 aswell.
Corsa 1.0 ecotec oil leak - sparky93
Its either the sensor has cracked, or the little o ring(50p) has failed. both are easy diy tasks.
Corsa 1.0 ecotec oil leak - Theunisse
Many thanks. There is a green plastic concertina'ed baffle (sorry for the mangled description) around the barrel of the sensor and the oil is leaking past this, despite the clip still fitting securely on the outside of the sensor fitting. I'll have another look but couldn't see the o ring.