Honda Prelude ABS light - allan doc
I have the chance of a Honda Prelude, 2.0l K reg. All is in good condition apart from the backbox which need replacing and the ABS light comes on when driving. I do not want to agree to the sale until i can get some advice on what would cause this to come on. Another light which indicates a bulb is out too comes on. I know that parts can be expensive so i don't want to commit myself to the car if it is going to cost me a fortune. The brakes seem fine etc but the car has been sitting for 2 month. It also has a new cat, front pipe and centre box. Any advice would be greatful.
Honda Prelude ABS light - philjenk
It could be as simple as mud/ dirt behind one of the wheel speed sensers. or it could be a serious control unit malfunction. If you couldnt solve the problem, just simply remove the ABS bulb from the dash and the "bulb out" light. Then the abs wouldnt work but it would still pass the MOT as there would be no light on.
Honda Prelude ABS light - Screwloose
>>If you couldnt solve the problem just simply remove
the ABS bulb from the dash and the "bulb out" light.
Then the abs wouldnt work but it would still pass the
MOT as there would be no light on.

Utter rubbish. ABS fitted and no ABS light working is an instant fail. VOSA's testers are not so easily fooled; this is the motor trade, not a bunch of gullible schoolmarms.

Deleting standard ABS can/will invalidate insurance unless it's a declared modification.
Honda Prelude ABS light - Dave N
You can flash the fault codes for the ABS, so there's no need to guess. Usually it's the ABS module - big money.
Honda Prelude ABS light - SaabFanatic
You can read Honda's own workshop manual for the Prelude (ALB section) free at

media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/PreludeM...l

I agree with the comments above - removing the bulb unlikely to get you a "pass"; I remember once seeing a chart on the wall of an MOT station detailing exactly what the ABS lamp for many models should/shouldn't do as the ignition is turned on, engine cranked, engine running, etc.
Honda Prelude ABS light - SaabFanatic
...the above link includes a detailed fault-finding section....