New car battery run down - Ford Focus - alapppy
HI

I bought a new ford focus a few weeks ago .. ,When I went to view the car( before I paid for it) the car the battery was flat but the dealer said they would re charge it for me I was away after that and did not use the car for ten days. Now after a week and ,I must confess, trying to set the sat nav up, with the engine not running the battery is flat again.. Should I ask for a new one under warranty or will a few long runs charge it more fully. The AA who got me going said the alternator was working correctly

Thanks
alan
New car battery run down - Lud
HJ has covered this. It may be something to do with pressure changes causing the immobiliser to think someone is breaking in and reset itself repeatedly. Closing all the fresh air vents in the heater can help.
New car battery run down - alapppy
Thanks did not realise this was a common issue Should I still ask for new battery at this stage?
alan
New car battery run down - Perfection
The battery is probably left in a discharged state for too long, and now its probably faulty. If its me, I would ask for a new one.
Thanks I will try on Monday Only hope it starts!!

alan
New car battery run down - henry k
I have just replaced a battery in a Focus. Left for two weeks and the battery was nearly flat.
It was a non sealed type and after a long slow charge was still poor so about £60 for a Varta and all is well

If you are jump starting it.

Do NOT guess the procedure or listen to an old stager RTFM ( Read The Friendly Manual) cos things aint what they used to be.
I will try and get one under warranty Surprised it did not last long at all Does a focus have a lot of drain when not used?
alan
New car battery run down - bell boy
I assume when you say new you mean new to you?
or personally i wouldnt have bought a new car where the salesman offered to charge it for you before collection,what would he have done if he had forgotten? got all the suits out of the emporium and bump started you down the road
Take it back and tell them you want the battery and alternator checking out bruv,thats why you pay dealer prices and not dodgy dealing in a petrol station in the rain at 10 pm at night.
The car was a demo in the showroom builtd date Nov 06 Main ford dealer so I will taek it back thanks for the advice..Just wondered if this was a known fault with ford?
alan
New car battery run down - bell boy
its probably a faulty battery as somebody else said,
get the alternator checked as well ,
its not your problem.
happy motoring ;-)
Thanks it really is very nice car to drive Ford seem to be much better at putting cars together these days!
alan