306 inner track rod end joint - scfc_151
has anyone fitted an inner track rod end joint to a 306 (2001 hdi) ?

I was told last year that there was some play in the steering rack and as its mot time i came to check the car over, however im not sure how involved the mechanics investigations were.

I can feel play in the wheel at 3 o clock to 9 o clock and when the wheel is rocked i can feel play in the ball joint inside the gaiter. Both the bottom ball joint and outer joint were replaced last year. Is it possible for the home diy mechanic to renew this joint or is the steering rack more involved?

any info would be appreciated as i want to give myself a fighting chance in getting it through

thanks
306 inner track rod end joint - milkyjoe
how do you mean "ball joint inside the gaiter" exactly?
sorry i mean the joint on the rack end with the gaiter covering it. when i hold that joint and get someone to rock the wheel thats where the play is felt.
306 inner track rod end joint - defender
if its like any other I have done its an easy job and just screws out of the rack piston ,it will have some form of keeper to prevent it unscrewing ,either a tab or pin through it or maybe even a wire .
looking the parts up on gsf or eurocarparts might show you the type it is
306 inner track rod end joint - thomp1983
follow this link and it shows the peugeot parts catalogue diagram of the steering rack, if you let me know what number you think it is ill post the description

i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/thomp1983/rack.jpg

chris
hi thomp1983 thanks for that link it looks like part number 13 thats the joint where the play is. How could i get hold of the parts manual in full for this car?

cheers
306 inner track rod end joint - bell boy
try pewgot for the part first
you may be pleasantly cheered
yea think i might. My mate has a bmw and got a wishbone for about £12 or something daft from the main dealer

I hate mot time. This morning the car sounded as sweet as a nut
went out tonight and come back with the exhaust blowing before the cat and the back box rattling

Someone up there doesnt like me!!!

Anyone any ideas of an exhaust system cost for these cars?
306 inner track rod end joint - thomp1983
13 is listed as 13, 381292, 02, CONNECTING ROD i got my copy of epc from ebay, if you send me a pm with your name and address ill do you a copy, it doesn't cover everything for the hdi but most of the major components are the same across most 306's

chris
thanks chris i sent you an e mail really appreciate that