Tyre pressure with alloys - starcott
Corsa 1.2 1995
We have bought the above car with 15 inch Vauxhall alloys with 195/50 tyres. How can I find out the correct pressures for these tyres as there is no reference to alloys in the owners manual?
Tyre pressure with alloys - bell boy
this car never came factory stock with this size on this year with that engine
therefore
any advice
could lead to problems
suggest put proper type approval wheels on pronto with appropiate tyres
sorry
Tyre pressure with alloys - starcott
Thanks bell boy for that advice. I am very interested to know what the problems are which you mention.
Also what do you mean by proper type approval wheels with appropriate tyres?
Tyre pressure with alloys - Hamsafar
There was no tyre/wheel assembly of that size fitted to that car, so you won't get any recommended from anyone other than joe bloggs.
You will have to guess or use the pressures for the standard tyres.
Tyre pressure with alloys - henry k
There was no tyre/wheel assembly of that size fitted to that car, so you won't get any recommended from anyone other than joe bloggs.

>>
Are you aware of the insurance situation before you go any further?????
Tyre pressure with alloys - Sprice
Just check out the tyre pressure chart at the petrol station (usually a Michelin chart nearby at most stations!) and look for a car listed that has your tyre size fitted as standard. My Colt had aftermarket 195/55/15's fitted and I put 30 psi in with no problems (30 is usually in the ballpark for lots of cars).
Tyre pressure with alloys - jc2
"Type approval"-when a manufacturer develops a range of cars,a sample are inspected by representatives of the European governments to ensure that they comply with all the relevant regulations and ,if they do,a type approval certificate is issued-the tests they are put thro' cover all aspects of the vehicle including safety.All the sizes of tyres they consider comply with the regulations will be listed in the type approval documents.The UK does not check the vehicles after-sale.They do check production.In Germany,you would fail the TuV inspection-their equivalent of our MoT test-if your car does not have the correct parts.
Tyre pressure with alloys - Peter D
I assume your insurance comapny is aware of these alloys on the car. ?? Pot suggested 30psi too high for that tyre size and weight of vehicle. Go to any tyre fitters and look them up, you may need to know the weight of the car. Ask Vauxhall. Regards Peter
Tyre pressure with alloys - Bill Payer
Pressures often stays the same regardless of tyre size.

Put a chalk mark across the tread, drive a bit then adjust the pressure until it wears off evenly.

2 or 3 lbs is neither here not there - most gauges aren't that accurate. The main danger is having presures too low (especially when the car is heavily loaded) so that the tyre overheats.
Tyre pressure with alloys - milkyjoe
did you check the spare? could be a 14" steel rim for all you know, would look odd if you got a puncture
Tyre pressure with alloys - Dynamic Dave
did you check the spare? could be a 14" steel rim for all you know, would look odd if you got a puncture

Not if the side wall of the tyre has a higher profile.
Tyre pressure with alloys - Group B
did you check the spare? could be a 14" steel rim
for all you know, would look odd if you got a
puncture

A standard width steel rim would not look as odd as a spacesaver spare supplied with more modern cars...
Tyre pressure with alloys - SjB {P}
A standard width steel rim would not look as odd as
a spacesaver spare supplied with more modern cars...

Yesterday, I saw a fabulous looking gold 350Z with space saver fitted to one of the rear wheel locations; from the side it looked totally, utterly, daft inside the huge arch, and from behind, with huge footprint on the other side, no less so! Mind you for a road going car designed to need a rear strut brace robbing any semblance of a useful boot, perhaps this is fair!
Tyre pressure with alloys - Group B
350Z with space saver
fitted to one of the rear wheel locations; from the side
it looked totally, utterly, daft inside the huge arch,

Yes they do look ridiculous and hamper progess, I hope I never need to use mine!

Tyre pressure with alloys - L'escargot
Corsa 1.2 1995
We have bought the above car with 15 inch Vauxhall alloys
with 195/50 tyres. How can I find out the
correct pressures for these tyres as there is no reference
to alloys in the owners manual?

For a given wheel size, tyre size and car the pressure will be the same regardless of what material the wheel is made from. If you trust Kwik-fit, then this website might be of assistance. tinyurl.com/26nedq
--
L\'escargot.