Freelander 2 deliveries - mattblack
Has anybody else experienced lengthy delays when ordering this car. I ordered mine at the end of January and haggled a 5% discount. Paid the deposit with delivery quoted as 12 weeks (end of April, early May). Called the dealer last week to get an estimated date for collection and told it's now July!. When I asked the reason for the delay the answer was "don't know, we only get dates from the factory" ie. it's tough and like it or lump it. The original salesman I ordered the car from "left the company" shortly after and my first taste of Landrover customer service after years of VW/Audi seems shocking.
Freelander 2 deliveries - Collos25
Many of the Land Rover garages go back to Rover days with the same staff and the same couldn't care less attitude.For any question the answer you do not want is "dont't know" I wish you luck.
Freelander 2 deliveries - No Do$h
Try www.freel2.co.uk

You'll find a whole bunch of helpful owners and prospective owners all too willing to praise the good dealers and slate the bad (and they willingly name and shame). There are dealers and LR staff posting there as well (same site network as Disco3.co.uk)

Depending on where you are in the country it's well worth ringing Ryan at Lakeland Land Rover in Coniston as he is incredibly helpful, or Ben Darch at Westover Land Rover in Christchurch, ditto.

Freelander 2 deliveries - jc2
I ordered a car a couple of years ago(not a L/R) and it was a special build-ie-not a common spec.that could be supplied from stock and the delivery date came round and no car-the dealer said to stop making any payments on my then current car and only to make payments on the new one when it arrived.I effectively got three months free.