Renault Grand Scenic - any good? - DP
Went to Holland on Friday for a meeting and due to flight costs, we flew into an airport some distance from the meeting and hired a car. We ended up with a Renault Grand Scenic (1.6 petrol)

Apart from being as flat as a pancake performance-wise, I was very impressed with it, particularly the size of the boot with the 3rd row of seats folded, the comfort levels, the amount of kit provided, and the list of really nice detail touches which seem to have been designed by someone who knows what's involved in carting two young kids and their various paraphernalia around. I even like the styling which, for an MPV looks quite smart in my opinion. I showed the car to SWMBO, who normally disagrees with me on everything relating to cars, and she even likes it.

It's got me thinking that a diesel version could be a good candidate for our next set of family wheels. Looking through the usual places, it seems the budget would stretch to an 04/05 1.9 dCi 120PS version with the 6 speed box and 60k ish miles. Question is, are they any good from a reliability point of view? Any ownership experiences or knowledge gratefully received.

Cheers
DP
Renault Grand Scenic - any good? - deepwith
We had one for three weeks as a courtesy car and liked it very much, especially the hand brake and six gears. One point though, although the hire car had only done about 4,500 miles, the seats were showing definite signs of wear. For this reason I would go for the version with leather seats.